Lady Stuart

Took my son out on the Lady Stuart.  I caught some finger mullet and greenies a week ago and froze them for this trip.  The crew was appreciative that I brought my own bait.   We did the all day trip on Friday.  My son and I landed a few vermillion snapper and some nice sea bass. Cant wait to fry them up for dinner.  Nice to spend some time on the ocean since we don't have a boat to take out there every weekend.

Replies

• blakhawkdocblakhawkdoc Posts: 212 Deckhand
    Glad to hear you had a good trip. Before my wife and I joined Freedom Boat Club of Fort Pierce we used to go out on the Ft Pierce Lady which I believe is the sister ship to the Lady Stuart. Enjoy your fish dinner. 
  • newbie in pslnewbie in psl Posts: 95 Greenhorn
    Blakhawkdoc, how do you like t h e boat club? I've torn between buying a boat or joining that club but don't know many to fish with so don't know if it's worth it. Any comments ?
    Blakhawkdoc, how do you like t h e boat club? I've torn between buying a boat or joining that club but don't know many to fish with so don't know if it's worth it. Any comments ?

To me the club has been great. I have always gotten a boat when I wanted to. Heck Friday I found out I had to work on Saturday so I canceled my boat on Saturday and was able to get one Friday afternoon so I worked a half day and got to fish the afternoon. The boat club has monthly social events so you can met others in the club. I have personally fished with others in the club and I know there is a system set up that you can say you are looking for a buddy to join you and it will send out an email to all the members to see if anyone is able to join you. My wife and I have been members since June 2017 and we have gone out 79 times. We try to go out at least once a week. But sometimes weather and real life gets in the way. I like the fact that I don't have to transport a boat, I don't need to clean a boat, and I don't need to maintain a boat. Right now our club has 18 boats in the water and we are projected to have 22 by January. All the boats are in good condition, none over 2 years old. If you would like to talk to me more about it or ask me questions you can call me at 484-798-1480. My name is Mike. I would be glad to answer any questions.

• K-DawgK-Dawg Posts: 178 Deckhand
    edited October 2018 #5
    My wife and I have been members since June 2017 and we have gone out 79 times. 

I bet if you owned your own boat, you wouldnt' have used it half that many times. 

The boat clubs and head boats are great, easy ways to get on the water and/or put some fresh fish on your table. Paddleharder, thanks for the report!
    Thanks for the info will be in touch. What's a good time to call ? Mark is my name
    Thanks for the info will be in touch. What's a good time to call ? Mark is my name

For the most part you can call anytime just not too late in the evening. If I am at work its 50/50 if I will answer depending on my flight schedule. If you call and I don't answer just leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as I am able to. Have a good day Mark
  • GarysmoGarysmo Ft. Pierce, FloridaPosts: 665 Officer
    Hey newbie, just wanted to back up what blakhawkdoc said about the FBC.  I joined when it first opened so I've seen the club from start up to where it is today.  There are few different membership options available.  I have a reciprocal one so I use boats at their other locations.  That's not a bad option depending on your situation.  The owners of the club are really nice people and they do a great job at customer service.  Good luck and I'm sure blakhawkdoc can answer your questions but if you have more let me now.   
    Thanks I think wife and I are going to the social Friday to meet and talk to some members 
  • GarysmoGarysmo Ft. Pierce, FloridaPosts: 665 Officer
    Thanks I think wife and I are going to the social Friday to meet and talk to some members 
    That sounds like a good plan.  I know Anne and Don will be there as well.  I'm not able to attend but I think blakhawkdoc will be there.....you can get his real name then :).   Enjoy

My wife and I will be at the social event. Looking forward to meeting you. 

• mookstermookster StuartPosts: 6 Greenhorn
    Hi- can you take the Freedom boats offshore? How much is a membership? 
    Thanks
    mookster said:
    Hi- can you take the Freedom boats offshore? How much is a membership? 
    Thanks

Hello Mookster. Yes you can take the boats offshore once you have completed the offshore training. Currently the Freedom Boat Club of Fort Pierce has 6 22' cobia center consoles, a 24' Cobia center console and a 24 Key West. However the Key West is being replaced shortly for another 24' Cobia. I am not sure on the current rates I would refer you to call the office for the most up to date pricing. Phone: (772) 882-8353. If you have any other questions let me know. I would be happy to answer them.