Red tide showing up along Palm Beach, Broward and Dade counties (with fish kills...).

Read yesterday's red tide report from the state and noted that we may be headed towards the situation that's been going on all year over on the west coast.  At present it's relatively mild - but fish kills have been reported along all three counties... Thank heavens that down along the 'Glades from Flamingo all the way to Chokoloskee not a trace of red tide.  Those of us that guide in that area have been very lucky....  Hope it stays that way - and all of us are still getting customers. 

My biggest fear is that anglers around the country will start making plans for other destinations the way they did a few years ago when that terrible oil spill had the news media painting a very dark picture of our coastal waters (even though the oil spill never got any closer than 300 miles from Tampa..).

As always, "anglers wanted"... since you never have enough bookings...
Tight Lines
Bob LeMay
(954) 435-5666

Replies

• If you remember past events, Red Tide doesn't hit SE Florida like the West coast. Wind, Waves, and current help us over here.
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 2,974 Captain
    Amen... and hope it stays that way - you'd be surprised how many of my customers (and potential customers...) make a point about asking how it's all shaking out.  I'm guessing I'll simply never hear from someone out of state that's put off by what they've heard about our red tide troubles....
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 759 Officer
    Im just praying it doesnt get any more southern then Marco island.... Ten thousand islands are fishing really good!! 
    Jason :USA
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 2,974 Captain
    So are my areas from Cape Sable up to Lostmans....  Not a lot of bookings right now which is frustrating - anglers wanted....  It will all change when the weather finally breaks, in the meantime I'm filling lure orders, doing the occasional rod or reel repair, etc.
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666