Hope evetyone stays safe. 

Replies

• surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 4,948 Captain
    Is there a webcam that works up there?
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.
  • SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 7,892 Admiral
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• Doc StressorDoc Stressor Homosassa, FLPosts: 2,332 Captain
    Here's some idiot streaming live video from his car up near Destin:

https://youtu.be/rqAj_KF7CRc
  • barhopper51barhopper51 Posts: 554 Officer
    http://www.discovercrystalriverfl.com/live-river-cam/

Here's us. Talk about dodging the bullet.
    Just getting spinning circles, gotta love the idiots though. :)
    Tight Lines, Steve
  • Moon ShadowMoon Shadow Posts: 806 Officer
    I see the wind shift to the west and the water pouring into Cedar Keys.
  • SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 7,892 Admiral
    Here's some idiot streaming live video from his car up near Destin:

https://youtu.be/rqAj_KF7CRc
    It was actually extremely mild here in the Destin area!
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• Doc StressorDoc Stressor Homosassa, FLPosts: 2,332 Captain
    He was driving from Destin to Panama City as a storm chaser.  I can't tell if he is still streaming or if the video is stuck in a loop.  I was watching when he got stuck behind some trees that he couldn't drive around. 

It's always amazing to me how mild the west side of a hurricane is even not far from the eye.  Most of the nasty stuff is to the east and northeast quadrants.  We saw that here when Irma came through. 
  • hasbeenhasbeen Posts: 44 Greenhorn
    I was just watching the web cam at the plantation. The water is over the sea wall but not enough to make it to their pool. I hope you guys have dodged the bullet and hopefully not much more if any surge. 
    edited October 11 #11
    Well it looks like we dodged a bullet at our place in the Hatch, water came up under the house but, that has happened before, no where near as bad as Hermine in '16. I will find out more this weekend. Watched lots of videos and there was some pretty bad stuff up in MB and Panama City, I feel terrible for those folks.

Didn't hear much about Apalachicola and that is on the bad side, I imagine they got nailed too?
    Tight Lines, Steve
  • mburke001 aka TripleBmburke001 aka TripleB Posts: 1,179 Officer
    Yea, I was watching the news, Cities/Towns up north got hit very hard. Hopefully and so far not many people injured or killed. 
  • xmuskyguidexmuskyguide Beautiful HomosassaPosts: 1,480 Officer

It's always amazing to me how mild the west side of a hurricane is even not far from the eye.  Most of the nasty stuff is to the east and northeast quadrants.  We saw that here when Irma came through. 
    Yes. I have a granddaughter and two great grandkids that live in Pensacola with their husband/dad (naval air lifer). They are fortunate to live there and escape any damage. Gotta really feel bad for the folks east of there and where the storm tracked northeast. People in north and south Carolina were just beginning to recover. Getting kicked when you're down stinks. 
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]