Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

boat lift parts

Question for any sling style lift owners. I need the attaching "bolts" that attach the carriage block to the sling . One just looks like a pin with a hole drilled in one end to put a cotter pin/clip through , while the other has a flip up stop attached to it . If I knew what they were called , I could probably find them . Thanks


  • gsdangsdan Posts: 94 Greenhorn
    just dawned on me that the pin with the cotter pin in the end is a Clevis pin . One down !
  • bswivbswiv Posts: 7,774 Admiral
    Not clear from the pictures exactly what you have there but on ours I replaced them when they got rusted to heck with bolts and locknuts. I used stainless, even though it is usually not as strong as a grade 8 bolt. But then the lift we have is overly large for the boat so not a problem.

    I would venture it is much as with the tractor in that the various "pins" are used instead of bolts simply because it is far faster to change a adjustment with a pin than with a bolt. I've got a couple of places on mine that they kept getting lost so went with bolts. Slower to change but haven't lost one while working either.
  • bswivbswiv Posts: 7,774 Admiral
    One thing I forgot. 

    If you go with bolts be sure they have a long enough unthreaded section in them so that the bearing surfaces smooth.
Sign In or Register to comment.