2011 Marauder Marine Avenger 24

rkmurphyrkmurphy Posts: 69 Greenhorn
Reluctantly, we’re selling our dream boat to downsize. This is the best riding bay boat I’ve ever been on and has been amazing for our family. This was a hard decision…but it’s best for our family right now. We are the second owners. Details below:

- 2011 Marauder Marine Avenger 24 (dark blue hull)
- Full folding tower with second station by Quality T-Tops
- 2008 Yamaha 200 HPDI – runs amazing and only use non-ethanol fuel, Star-tron, and Yamaha Ring Free at each fill up. There are approximately 1,100 hours on the motor but just over 100 on the new powerhead. The previous owner tried to run pre-mix and blew the original powerhead so he just bought a new one.
- Porta Bracket
- New fuel tank in 2018
- Reinforced floor in 2018
- New non-skid in 2018
- Color-matched porta bracket
- Full spray dodger up front
- Shade for tower
- Full cover available (has a couple of small holes)
- Motorguide Xi5 36V trolling motor with 3 brand new batteries (trolling motor less than 3 years old)
- Power Pole XL (new lines and fresh fluid in the last few months)
- Lenco trim tabs
- Upper station helm is less than 3 years old
- Morse electronic controls
- Lowrance HDS 9 Gen 2 Touch in lower station (old Raymarine in upper station…works fine but never use it)
- Airmar transducers
- New anchor and anchor line
- 2 x onboard chargers
- Raw water washdown pump new in the last year or so

I’d give the condition of the hull inside a 9.5/10. There are a couple small blemishes and the upper station cushions need some love. The hull outside is a 7/10 with some scratches and dings. The gel coat shines up nice with a polish and wax. The boat and motor are kept covered when not in use and the boat is kept waxed. The boat is washed with soap, non-skid deck cleaner, and rinsed with fresh water after EVERY use…I’m extremely anal about that. The motor is also flushed after each use.

The boat comes with a trailer that’s in great shape. The trailer is a 2001 Loadmaster…I thought about replacing it last year and took it to Owens and Sons (who builds the trailers for Marauder Marine). They said the trailer was in fantastic shape and refit it with new bunks, hubs, strap, etc.

I’m asking $75,000 for everything. Feel free to shoot me a message on here if you’d like any more info or detailed photos. I'll take some more detailed pictures in the coming week. Happy to wet test for serious buyers.

Boat is located in the Ruskin/Apollo Beach area (south shore Tampa Bay)

Replies

• rkmurphyrkmurphy Posts: 69 Greenhorn
    I've posted some additional pictures of the boat and some of the blemishes (so there are no mysteries for any potential buyers) at the link below:

https://www.thehulltruth.com/boats-sale-wanted/963922-2011-marauder-marine-avenger-24-a.html

Also, just wanted to add my reasoning for the pricing since there is not much of a used market for these boats.  I personally know of a hull 7 years older that sold for my asking price.  The boat did have newer power and the outside of the hull was cleaner; however, the hours were higher and it did not have the structural enhancements or new fuel tank as mine does.  As such, I think $75K is a fair price given the cost and wait for a new one, the rarity of these hulls on the used market, and the quality of these builds, etc.  That being said, if you want to have a real talk about buying the boat, I'm always willing to talk.

Thanks for looking!
  • AlwaysAbuAlwaysAbu Posts: 475 Deckhand
    Why did the fuel tank need replacing after only 7 years? That seems very premature for replacement. 
    AlwaysAbu said:
    Why did the fuel tank need replacing after only 7 years? That seems very premature for replacement. 
    Long story short, we had some structural enhancements done to the floor/stringers for the tower and it had to be completely de-rigged. While it was “under the knife”, we had Marauder Marine make some enhancements to the fuel tank compartment and replace the fuel tank. We had originally planned on keeping the boat pretty much indefinitely which is why we had the work done. Life circumstances change, though...
  • Generic9Generic9 Posts: 33 Greenhorn
    Bump
    Open to reasonable offers
    edited November 2018 #7
    New price...$69,900 obo
    Bump
    New Year bump!