2018 Mullet run

2»

Replies

• GarysmoGarysmo Ft. Pierce, FloridaPosts: 554 Officer
    I caught some at the FPI but they died within a minute of being in my live well.  I talked to a couple of other guys and they had the same experience  I guess it has to do with the red tide.
  • blakhawkdocblakhawkdoc Posts: 198 Deckhand
    That stinks Gary. Last week we still had no signs on the red tide in the inlet. I am trying to decide were to fish on Saturday. Not sure if I should go north or south. Any suggestions?
  • JWPBJWPB Posts: 168 Deckhand
    I netted some mediums and small in intracoastal yesterday.    have stuff in live well so put in 5 gallon bucket with net over top for 4 hours spraying in salt water from time to time. 

Mediums died, finger mullet survived and I ended up releasing on way back in. 
    Jupiter 29FS
  • justintimejustintime Posts: 27 Greenhorn
    Sawfish bay Jupiter. You can walk on them they were so thick today
    That stinks Gary. Last week we still had no signs on the red tide in the inlet. I am trying to decide were to fish on Saturday. Not sure if I should go north or south. Any suggestions?
    I think I would go south.  The worst red tide right now is between pepper park and round island which is a little north.  However I think the ICW is a little better than the beach itself.  Are you going into the ocean?  If so I don't know if it will matter as long as you go deep enough but I'm no expect.
  • blakhawkdocblakhawkdoc Posts: 198 Deckhand
    Gary I want to go out to the ocean,  but its calling for 10 to 15kts winds and 3 to 4 ft seas. My wife doesn't like it that sporty so u am trying to figure out were to take her. I was thinking of going to the power lines just north of Jenson.
    Mike that might not be a bad choice.  I went out the other day and it was sloppy, even for me.  We were soaked.  It was 3.6 at 5 seconds and the wind was out of the north so the water/spray was being blown right into the boat.  Anyway I think heading north a bit would be good.  Good luck.
2»