Home Off Topic

Replies

• cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,615 AG
    i need to attend so I can turn some people in. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 7,054 Admiral
    Sounds like a sting operation even though they say they won't prosecute. I am sure some will show up anyway.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

May not be. I remember meeting a guy years ago who did loss prevention seminars for retail stores and was good at  showing you how vendors and employees would steal and how to combat it, He told the attendees he got his experience as a milkman stealing form stores and finally changed his ways and decided to show retailers how vendors would steal. 

the guy was making six figures to tell people how he used to steal from them and stop others form doing it to them, 

Mini Mart Magnate

• fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    Saw a guy go through a line at Tractor Supply  with about 6 or 7 vice grips he had hidden under some sacks of feed. I saw him do it,  I knew the manager and had warned him. Was fun watching them stop him just outsude the door and forced him to wait on the police.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,438 AG
    Fish Haid said:
    It's G'ville. It's likely legit.
    Stupid enough to sound like something they'd come up with in that lib place.  Trying to understand "why" people shoplift.  Hope they have plenty of federal funding for the study.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 13,258 AG
    I could never lift a shop.   They're heavy.  
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter  
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 10,974 AG
    Fish Haid said:
    Stupid enough to sound like something they'd come up with in that lib place.  Trying to understand "why" people shoplift.  Hope they have plenty of federal funding for the study.

🤣
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 11,693 AG
    edited October 2018 #9
    I stole a True Detective magazine from the local drug store back when I was about 10..
    It had a semi naked gal in distress on the cover and I knew my Mom wouldn't approve.

Long story short I left it in the bag with my comic books and Mom found it, she hauled me back to the drug store and made me fess up..
    Mr. Prichartt forgave me after a little talk..
    My Dad **** my **** when he got home.

The **** whipping was easier on me than the fessing up.

I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,006 Admiral
    Cyclist said:
    It's the students in gville...bunch of kids from south florida conservative parents looking to rebel against idiot parents and idiot worthless lives....
    Rebelling against what exactly ?
    3 meals a day , Ac  , Safety , New clothes every couple months , New car at graduation , A stable home environment...What's to rebel against.
    I will agree growing up with all the Perks leads to a feeling of no danger , no excitement ,,rather boring....but then again most kids fall on the floor and start crying if their phone breaks..Spoiled Brats. They need to pick crops and hoe weeds hunt for their food for awhile..
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,982 Admiral
    edited October 2018 #11
    This guy watches too many bad frat movies. Or maybe I should say rich white guy movies, like Greed for example.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
    Fish Haid said:
    No federal funding. the LPRC is funded by its members who are Walmart, Home Depot, Target, CVS, and most other large retailers. 

Mini Mart Magnate

• TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,010 AG
    A quick pie chart for those interested in the size of this problem, or why large retailers might be interested in the motivation for people to do so:

• yak_angleryak_angler Posts: 2,585 Captain
    ANUMBER1 said:
    I stole a True Detective magazine from the local drug store back when I was about 10..
    It had a semi naked gal in distress on the cover and I knew my Mom wouldn't approve.

Long story short I left it in the bag with my comic books and Mom found it, she hauled me back to the drug store and made me fess up..
    Mr. Prichartt forgave me after a little talk..
    My Dad **** my **** when he got home.

The **** whipping was easier on me than the fessing up.

The **** before your *** is a little concerning 
    5607_aa5e_zps24435aae.gif
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 11,693 AG
    I guess w h i p p e d is a banned word too?
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
    edited October 2018 #16
    ANUMBER1 said:
    I guess w h i p p e d is a banned word too?
    It is such a nasty word if you think about about

**** cream pie

Mini Mart Magnate

cadman said:
    Fish Haid said:
    No federal funding. the LPRC is funded by its members who are Walmart, Home Depot, Target, CVS, and most other large retailers. 
    Well, if they  don't understand why people steal I wonder if they even know why they charge customers for goods? Maybe that'll be the next study.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
    cadman said:
    Fish Haid said:
    Well, if they  don't understand why people steal I wonder if they even know why they charge customers for goods? Maybe that'll be the next study.
    You can find out interesting things in this kind of panel, like the methods being used that the store is over looking, 

Did you know most people who steal will tell you they don't and justify it in their minds that they weren't really stealing, I caught an employee who stole money orders once, She told the police she did not steal them, she simply printed them out and put them in her purse, her boyfriend took then from her purse and cashed them. The cop said her definition of stealing and his were two different things.

Mini Mart Magnate

• ResinheadResinhead Posts: 10,974 AG
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,010 AG
    edited October 2018 #20
    cadman said:
    Did you know most people who steal will tell you they don't and justify it in their minds that they weren't really stealing, I caught an employee who stole money orders once, She told the police she did not steal them, she simply printed them out and put them in her purse, her boyfriend took then from her purse and cashed them. The cop said her definition of stealing and his were two different things.
    That doesn't surprise me in the least.

People will do all sorts of things rather than look in the mirror.

Some more than others, but ones who resort to thievery typically aren't the best at self-reflection.
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,543 AG
    cadman said:

Some more than others, but ones who resort to thievery typically aren't the best at self-reflection.
    This post surprised me. Are you sure they didn’t just appear because of unfair policies?
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    dave44 said:
    cadman said:

This post surprised me. Are you sure they didn’t just appear because of unfair policies?
    I'm sure if your born to a under privileged family it is okay to shoplift. (Just getting you ready for you know who to chime in) ;)
  • Reptile DysfunctionReptile Dysfunction LP - Edge of the Known UniversePosts: 3,301 Captain
    Resinhead said:
    Guess who...
    SOS

"If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free" - P. J. O'Rourke
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    edited October 2018 #24
    You know you guys are in the minority...right? 
    They have the full backing of the media these days that's why.
    Tight Lines, Steve

How does a simple shoplifter. Thread turn into a political left vs right crap?

You guys wonder why they don't allow politics

Mini Mart Magnate

cadman said:
    cadman said:
    Fish Haid said:
    You can find out interesting things in this kind of panel, like the methods being used that the store is over looking, 

Crazy scumbags.  Thieves also lie.  To themselves as well.
    She knew she was stealing. 
    cadman said:
    cadman said:
    Fish Haid said:

Crazy scumbags.  Thieves also lie.  To themselves as well.
    She knew she was stealing. 
    i know that, but people need to justify their theft to themselves that it was not really stealing, I remember one employee we caught stealing lottery who said they were going to pay it back as soon as they won the money. Had another who stole the petty cash from a store and put in his personal check so that it would balance. He never did understand why he got fired. He didn't get the fact that if he couldn't take store money no matter what he pretended he was doing, 

Mini Mart Magnate

edited October 2018 #29
    Lol.. especially at the lottery one.. that could go on forever and in their mind they could reassure that when they win, if they win, it'll cover all the tickets.  Cause it probably would!
    Hey Cad, can I get in on that lottery scheme? :)
    Tight Lines, Steve

surfman said:
    Hey Cad, can I get in on that lottery scheme? :)
    If you like prison for five years, 

Actually, my favorite was a guy who didn't steal from the company but stole some credit card numbers and committed fraud. We had him arrested when the police contacted us about it. He got out on bail. about three weeks later I got a call from the police trying to see what addresses we had on file for him. 

While on bail he got another job and stole more credit card numbers. I told them it might be a good idea to keep him n jail to avoid this problem. 

Mini Mart Magnate