Home Off Topic

Governance via victimhood

Replies

• fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG

ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,549 AG
    edited October 2018 #33
    https://apple.news/Asf8NIvv5RBKP_1mJCeXxgw

California has decided every corporation must have a female on the board.
      It’s definitely more important than experience and ability.
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,447 Admiral
    dave44 said:
    https://apple.news/Asf8NIvv5RBKP_1mJCeXxgw

California has decided every corporation must have a female on the board.
      It’s definitely more important than experience and ability.
    Easy, have one old guy file a  Recognition of Change of Gender form.  Bam! One female board member.
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,752 AG
    October 1, 2018, one-year anniversary of the Las Vegas shooting that killed 58 people and wounded hundreds more.  Victims of gun violence. 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/01/us/las-vegas-shooting-victims.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage
    Vote for the other candidate
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    Mister-Jr said:
    October 1, 2018, one-year anniversary of the Las Vegas shooting that killed 58 people and wounded hundreds more.  Victims of gun violence. 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/01/us/las-vegas-shooting-victims.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage
    Are you celebrating??
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,396 Admiral
    People, on both sides, complain too much.  

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    fins4me said:
    Will be our downfall. It has become the driving force in everything that our federal government does. It steers our national dialogue in directions that offer ZERO posibility of productivity.

It limits our potential, stagnates our plans and costs the taxpayers hundreds of billions each year.

It is insidious yet as destructive to our future as any war or national disaster that has ever faced our nation. 
    I would say that governance by racist, misogynist, bigoted, homophobic good ole white boys has screwed this country up pretty good.

We need more women in control...not angry pasty fat white dudes.

Cyclist said:

I would say that governance by racist, misogynist, bigoted, homophobic good ole white boys has screwed this country up pretty good.

We need more women in control...not angry pasty fat white dudes.
    If anybody else wrote such a bigoted diatribe as this, they would be long gone.
    Oooo, you gonna blame the victims too? Seems to be the angry white man thing to do...you do know that white men in America have had it better than 99% of all humans ever born!
    edited October 2018 #41
    fins4me said:
    Manufactured crisis?  Oh, the irony.

We are not devoting "all our governance" towards those things, but the media you apparently consume and the politicians you seem to support sure like to use those narratives.  Much like your productivity observations, they are simply an intentional miscalculation that appeals to emotion, and you fall for it hook, line, and angry sinker.

You want to know what concerns me?  That our interest payments on the national debt will soon overtake our military spending.  That our place in the world as standing up for what's good and right is overtaken by 1930s populism.  That we will soon become the 2nd largest economy in the world.  That we enact tax breaks that further widen the gap between the haves and the have nots.

I could not care less if a woman dressed like a man is in the stall next to me, or if two men love each other, or where a particular person comes from, or if we go to the next on the list of supreme court justices because the one nominated was a drunk and is a liar -- none of those things change the underlying problems with this country....but they sure do fire you up.

It is time we stop devoting time and energy to the issues foisted upon us by partisan politicians and echoed by the angriest amongst us.  Our governance was designed to change with the times; you might consider catching up.

Our governance was not designed to change at the whims of the times or the political breezes . It was designed to change only after exhaustive debate and after substantial legislative and electoral hurdles had been crossed. None of which have been faced or accomplished.  Not that the current crop of politicians or left leaning populace gives a **** about.
    Was set up to protect the rights of ALL Americans...and to protect the minority from the majority.

Fins, your knowledge of American history and governance is absolutely abysmal....atrocious. You should be truly ashamed. You really should educate yourself, if you truly want to be a productive member of the American society.
  • MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 2,190 Captain
    Cyclist said:
    Oooo, you gonna blame the victims too? Seems to be the angry white man thing to do...you do know that white men in America have had it better than 99% of all humans ever born!
    Anyone born in America have it better than 99% of humans ever born.  The western ideals of the past ~300years; have led to more freedom than at any time in history.  Obviously, western society is not perfect, but anyone living in one, has the ability to live better than people not born here and in this timeframe.  

Color of skin, race, creed, sex do not matter in a western society.  Those that claim they do are the problems.  
    Cyclist said:
    Anyone born in America have it better than 99% of humans ever born.  The western ideals of the past ~300years; have led to more freedom than at any time in history.  Obviously, western society is not perfect, but anyone living in one, has the ability to live better than people not born here and in this timeframe.  

Color of skin, race, creed, sex do not matter in a western society.  Those that claim they do are the problems.  
    Yes, all Americans have is pretty good but you are absolutely wrong and your wrongness is easily verified by factual data, when it comes to skin, race, sex, age, etc.      Wage disparities, continued fall out from redlining, hiring disparities, etc.

• Reel TealReel Teal Posts: 3,962 Captain
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:

Yes, all Americans have is pretty good but you are absolutely wrong and your wrongness is easily verified by factual data, when it comes to skin, race, sex, age, etc.      Wage disparities, continued fall out from redlining, hiring disparities, etc.

Idk how you view "better" or "worse" but you have it better than 99% of humans and always seem so......upset. weird, you would think you would be in a better mood given where you live and your skin color.

Maybe happiness isnt just being well off with lots of social safety nets.....so who's to say people in the US have it so much better? There are people all over this globe who would disagree with you on that. What we all want out of life is different.
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,595 AG
    fins4me said:

Hey, one of those women is an R.

I can say R, can't I?

Captain Todd Approves

• mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:

How so?  Where I work your paid on your experience. It does not matter your race or sex. 0.45 cents a mile is the same. Now try again. 
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,010 AG
    edited October 2018 #47
    fins4me said:
    We have allowed what were once great cities to devolve into shitholes so that the homeless and gangs will not feel abridged. Go ahead camp in the streets, crap on the sidewalks and pumg your bodies full of drugs via syringes supplied to you by the few real taxpayers, ,, when you are finished feel free to deposit them on the nearest park bench. We will send some illegal immigrant invaders employed by the taxpayers to maybe pick them up.
    Which cities are shitholes, and when was the last time you were there to observe first hand?

Because it sounds to me like you need to get out more  The cities I travel to don't resemble your observations; and your posts seems to be closer to a Lou Dobbs or Tucker Carlson rant than it does reality.

I don’t understand what cyclist is saying when he started  ranting about skin and race. Is he saying there is a difference between those two, or was it some strange slip?
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:

How so?  Where I work your paid on your experience. It does not matter your race or sex. 0.45 cents a mile is the same. Now try again. 

dave44 said:
    I don’t understand what cyclist is saying when he started  ranting about skin and race. Is he saying there is a difference between those two, or was it some strange slip?
    I am saying that in this country, it is not an even playing field between women and men, whites and people of color, poor and rich etc. in the rise to a quality life and a decent paying job.

edited October 2018 #50
    Cyclists is living in a different planet, lives in some inbred backwoods place that is confirmation bias, or hes been stuck in a dark hole with CNN on for 2 years straight. Some of the things you've babbled today are crazy talk.
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:

dave44 said:
    I am saying that in this country, it is not an even playing field between women and men, whites and people of color, poor and rich etc. in the rise to a quality life and a decent paying job.

Respectfully I disagree, I think you are reading too many politically generated talking points from crazy people.
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,595 AG
    Let him virtue signal himself out. 

Captain Todd Approves

dave44 said:
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:

dave44 said:

Respectfully I disagree, I think you are reading too many politically generated talking points from crazy people.
    Facts do not line up with yall's feelings. Sorry, Ill take the facts, unless you can provide some that back up your arguments.

Not many people get 1million bucks from daddy to "get started" in life.
    Are you telling me that a kid from a poor family in Appalachia is not gonna have a harder time? A WAY harder time?

Reel Teal said:
    Cyclists is living in a different planet, lives in some inbred backwoods place that is confirmation bias, or hes been stuck in a dark hole with CNN on for 2 years straight. Some of the things you've babbled today are crazy talk.
    I have never watched CNN, never had cable.

It's about the facts fellas...and not the new fangled alternative ones...
    edited October 2018 #55
    You just compared Donald trump to someone in southern Appalachia as to how unfair and unequal the US is, wow just wow. I dont think you understand how civilization works and if you do ..Its official now, you are a communist. It's the only fair way.

All this time I thought it was about having the same opportunity and no discrimination against someone by race or religion or sex or gender. It's just all jealousy I see now.
    Reel Teal said:
    You just compared Donald trump to someone in southern Appalachia as to how unfair and unequal the US is, wow just wow. I dont think you understand how civilization works and if you do ..Its official now, you are a communist. It's the only fair way.

All this time I thought it was about having the same opportunity and no discrimination against someone by race or religion or sex or gender. It's just all jealousy I see now.
    You folks are saying that America is the land of opportunity and that it is an even playing field. It is not. Just like someone given a million bucks to start their career is in the lucky **** club, someone in Appalachia is not. The same could be said for every other circumstance where a white man has the advantage over a women, person of color, etc.

You don't have to take my word for it. The wage disparities between men and women, white and color, etc. is real and the data is there for everyone to look at it. If your internal disparities don't allow you to process the facts as they are, then that is a completely difference issue.
    edited October 2018 #57
    Here is a source of the gender gap. It's a good source, it has the word christian in it.....

This is a comparison of men and women with equal skills and experience who have the same jobs, but women get payed less....well, because men kinda run the system and men pay women less.

It is a perpetuation of the American culture from a not too distant past. You know, "the good ole days."

Some folks, older white poorly educated, are just stuck in the past.

• surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,982 Admiral
    You know this isn't the 1950's.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
    Its jealousy. Not inequality.

People are individuals, not groups.

Identity politics has you by the ba llz
    surfman said:
    You know this isn't the 1950's.
    You mean on the forum or in real life?
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,447 Admiral
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:

dave44 said:

Perhaps if you allowed every person the basic human dignity of believing in their individual worth and ability, you would find less of a need for your nanny crusade?