Home Off Topic

Governance via victimhood

fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
edited September 2018 in Off Topic #1
Will be our downfall. It has become the driving force in everything that our federal government does. It steers our national dialogue in directions that offer ZERO posibility of productivity.

It limits our potential, stagnates our plans and costs the taxpayers hundreds of billions each year.

It is insidious yet as destructive to our future as any war or national disaster that has ever faced our nation. 
ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
"Today is MINE"
«134

Replies

  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,424 Admiral
    Not sure where your coming from.....give me a good example of victim hood.

    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    edited September 2018 #3
    Really????

    Oh I dont know,,, 
    Metoo
    Supreme Court nominee debate
    Immigration debate
    Sanctuary cities
    Entitlement Society
    So called white privileged 
    Resistance to every new industrial project
    Palestinian idiocy
    Idiots cant figure out which bathroom to use and are given credence 
    Slavery in the distant past
    So called "Native American" injustice 
    Victim
    Victim
    Victim
    I could go on all night


    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,633 AG
    This sounds political

    Mini Mart Magnate

    I am just here for my amusement. 

  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    Someone will probably feel victimized. 
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,633 AG
    You upset that Tennessee sucks?

    Mini Mart Magnate

    I am just here for my amusement. 

  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 5,453 Admiral
    I feel victimized. Don't know why, but it is socially acceptable nowadays
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 5,453 Admiral
    By the way, no one can make fun of me or disparage me, or you will be a cyberbully
  • MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 2,188 Captain
    Leftist will be the downfall of this country.  Not all Liberals/Democrats are leftist tho.   I am very liberal in my views; however, I don't think the govt should be involved in enforcing MOST of what leftist claim to want.  

    *I think some conservatives also want the govt to enforce what they want, but basically every leftist wants the goat-thru the force of a gun- to push their beliefs on others. 
  • joekat46joekat46 North PortPosts: 2,516 Captain
    cadman said:
    This sounds political
    As long as the "Kavanaugh Thread" is permitted and active there should be no complaints about what is and what isn't political.
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,752 AG
    American citizen, small business owner, taxpayer, consumer, property owner, law-abiding, man enjoying life.

    Carry on. 
    Vote for the other candidate
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,922 Admiral
    I have an itchy throat, stuffy nose, red watery eyes, for months now, I'm a victim of rampant cyanobacteria "algae" fumes from the river.

    Most people and politicians just don't care though...so, so much for the victimhood governance.
    Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,010 AG
    edited September 2018 #13
    It sounds like someone is feeling victimized.

    Should we add "victimized by victimhood" to the list?

    Or is the behavior trait OK when it's expressed by you, but not OK when anyone else does?
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    I believe "governance " should be implemented in a fashion that promotes productivity not based off of emotional hyperbole. 
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,010 AG
    edited September 2018 #15
    You mean "emotional hyperbole" like decrying the end of our country because of social forces for change?

    I agree, you are a victim of progress.

    This country would be a much better place if we would simply allow rapists, xenophobes, homophobes, and those that wish to go back to the 18th century to dictate who is a victim and who is not, right?

    Have you seen a graph of the productivity of the US worker recently?  HINT: We're just fine, but you are clearly very upset.

    Why?

    Could it be because you see yourself as a victim?
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    edited September 2018 #16
    No,, I am concerned because our nation is force fed manufactured crisis based off what happened to someone's distant ancestor, based off of what some mentally deranged fool thinks about their bathroom rights, about how an infrastructure project that could benefit millions of humans might challenge the happiness of the next snail darter, about the rights of central Americans or Eastern Europeans who are non citizens instead of the citizens of this nation and about the perceived slight a drunk highschool girl experienced at a party 36 years ago that not another human being on earth can remember happening or being present.

    I am concerned that like a modern classromm we are spending far more time on the non productive individuals  while ignoring the acheivers and topics that could lift us all up.

    It is time we stop devoting all of our governance toward the lowest common denominators. It is not productive and is not the way our system was designed to operate .
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,010 AG
    edited September 2018 #17
    Manufactured crisis?  Oh, the irony.

    We are not devoting "all our governance" towards those things, but the media you apparently consume and the politicians you seem to support sure like to use those narratives.  Much like your productivity observations, they are simply an intentional miscalculation that appeals to emotion, and you fall for it hook, line, and angry sinker.

    You want to know what concerns me?  That our interest payments on the national debt will soon overtake our military spending.  That our place in the world as standing up for what's good and right is overtaken by 1930s populism.  That we will soon become the 2nd largest economy in the world.  That we enact tax breaks that we cannot afford and that further widens the gap between the haves and the have nots.

    I could not care less if a woman dressed like a man is in the stall next to me, or if two men love each other, or where a particular person comes from, or if we go to the next on the list of supreme court justices because the one nominated was a drunk and is a liar -- none of those things change the underlying problems with this country....but they sure do fire you up.

    It is time we stop devoting time and energy to the issues foisted upon us by partisan politicians and echoed by the angriest amongst us.  Our governance was designed to change with the times; you might consider catching up.

  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    Manufactured crisis?  Oh, the irony.

    We are not devoting "all our governance" towards those things, but the media you apparently consume and the politicians you seem to support sure like to use those narratives.  Much like your productivity observations, they are simply an intentional miscalculation that appeals to emotion, and you fall for it hook, line, and angry sinker.

    You want to know what concerns me?  That our interest payments on the national debt will soon overtake our military spending.  That our place in the world as standing up for what's good and right is overtaken by 1930s populism.  That we will soon become the 2nd largest economy in the world.  That we enact tax breaks that further widen the gap between the haves and the have nots.

    I could not care less if a woman dressed like a man is in the stall next to me, or if two men love each other, or where a particular person comes from, or if we go to the next on the list of supreme court justices because the one nominated was a drunk and is a liar -- none of those things change the underlying problems with this country....but they sure do fire you up.

    It is time we stop devoting time and energy to the issues foisted upon us by partisan politicians and echoed by the angriest amongst us.  Our governance was designed to change with the times; you might consider catching up.

    Our governance was not designed to change at the whims of the times or the political breezes . It was designed to change only after exhaustive debate and after substantial legislative and electoral hurdles had been crossed. None of which have been faced or accomplished.  Not that the current crop of politicians or left leaning populace gives a **** about.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,010 AG
    You're right.  I don't care how upset you are that times change, or how aghast you are that the changes you see were all done through the same legislative engine you seem confused about.

    I do wonder why though.
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    I am upset because instead of devoting time energy and effort toward a national business and trade development program, the upgrading and repair of our electrical grid, reducing the debt via elimination of waste, squander and abuse of our entitlement programs for corporate and individual handouts and fighting the invasion of our nation we waste time playing  Patti cake and spending billions on non productive interest groups and cry babies.

    We have allowed what were once great cities to devolve into shitholes so that the homeless and gangs will not feel abridged. Go ahead camp in the streets, crap on the sidewalks and pumg your bodies full of drugs via syringes supplied to you by the few real taxpayers, ,, when you are finished feel free to deposit them on the nearest park bench. We will send some illegal immigrant invaders employed by the taxpayers to maybe pick them up.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    edited September 2018 #21

    Dude,, I fish a bunch. This is an off topic site that allows for the discussion of various subjects. If that threatens or victimizes you then mayby off topic should be avoided.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 9,799 Admiral
    Reminds me of an old dog barking at clouds …


    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

    Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,544 AG
    Fins got em angry at truth again. Weird it’s the same ones over and over?
  • Walker DogWalker Dog Posts: 2,155 Captain
    Fins does touch on quite a few issues where we have regressed as a nation due to PC but logically incorrect decisions that have been made by our federal government. Sadly, some obviously view those same things as progress.
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,447 Admiral
    fins4me said:
    I am upset because instead of devoting time energy and effort toward a national business and trade development program, the upgrading and repair of our electrical grid, reducing the debt via elimination of waste, squander and abuse of our entitlement programs for corporate and individual handouts and fighting the invasion of our nation we waste time playing  Patti cake and spending billions on non productive interest groups and cry babies.

    We have allowed what were once great cities to devolve into shitholes so that the homeless and gangs will not feel abridged. Go ahead camp in the streets, crap on the sidewalks and pumg your bodies full of drugs via syringes supplied to you by the few real taxpayers, ,, when you are finished feel free to deposit them on the nearest park bench. We will send some illegal immigrant invaders employed by the taxpayers to maybe pick them up.
    Look at it this way:  One day the people who make all these handouts possible will be diminished to the point that there will be no more to give. The groups you mention will have to get by on their own merits or expire. 
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,752 AG
    fins4me said:
    Will be our downfall. It has become the driving force in everything that our federal government does. It steers our national dialogue in directions that offer ZERO posibility of productivity.

    It limits our potential, stagnates our plans and costs the taxpayers hundreds of billions each year.

    It is insidious yet as destructive to our future as any war or national disaster that has ever faced our nation. 
    You are at the top of the World's food chain and you're complaining?  How whiney of you.
    Vote for the other candidate
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,544 AG
    Mister-Jr said:
    fins4me said:
    Will be our downfall. It has become the driving force in everything that our federal government does. It steers our national dialogue in directions that offer ZERO posibility of productivity.

    It limits our potential, stagnates our plans and costs the taxpayers hundreds of billions each year.

    It is insidious yet as destructive to our future as any war or national disaster that has ever faced our nation. 
    You are at the top of the World's food chain and you're complaining?  How whiney of you.
    If some people didn’t want to hold us back and give away everything we’ve achieved, just think how far the world could advance.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,633 AG
    edited September 2018 #28
    still sounds political

    Mini Mart Magnate

    I am just here for my amusement. 

  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,125 Admiral
    cadman said:
    You upset that Tennessee sucks?
    I doubt that is the problem, he should be used to it by now
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,752 AG
    dave44 said:
    Mister-Jr said:
    fins4me said:
    Will be our downfall. It has become the driving force in everything that our federal government does. It steers our national dialogue in directions that offer ZERO posibility of productivity.

    It limits our potential, stagnates our plans and costs the taxpayers hundreds of billions each year.

    It is insidious yet as destructive to our future as any war or national disaster that has ever faced our nation. 
    You are at the top of the World's food chain and you're complaining?  How whiney of you.
    If some people didn’t want to hold us back and give away everything we’ve achieved, just think how far the world could advance.
    That's an odd thing to post, maybe you could elaborate?
    Vote for the other candidate
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    Most  everything the left side of the spectrum propagates is either identity or victim based. It has become pathetic .
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
Sign In or Register to comment.