Feel good story of the day- AC related

frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG
Air conditioning company repairs Volusia senior's A/C at 'no charge,' just because

After five days without a working air conditioner, Mary Jones finally called the DeBary-based company to try to schedule an appointment. However, the dog owner and Orange City retiree couldn't pay for an immediate fix since she needed to wait for her Social Security check to arrive.

"[The receptionist at Mid Florida Air Conditioning] said she wanted to send somebody out today because we don't want you to go another week without air," Jones said.

Within a few hours, the job was done, and Jones was told she would receive a bill in the mail. Little did she know what would be written on the $200 bill.

Jones received the bill Tuesday, it reads: "There will be no charge for this service call. Hope you and your fur babies have a wonderful day. Thank you."

For Jones, who is on a fixed income the kind gesture meant the world.

"I started crying because I couldn't believe it," she said. "In this world today, how many times do find people who would do this.

No political signature

Replies

• ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 3,466 Moderator
    Kudos to Mid Florida for doing the right thing.

." why would someone want to be a moderator in the first place?"

"There is no compensation for that task other than the satisfaction one might get from being an ***."

mindyabizness

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 8,035 Admiral
    edited September 2018 #3
    Is it me or is it a little dusty in here?  

I'd like to build one of those protective cages for my AC and the pool pump next to it.  

Captain Todd Approves

• Florida Ex-patFlorida Ex-pat Posts: 577 Officer
    Nice gesture.  I hope it results in increased business for them.  Win/win
    You think the AC place tipped the story off to the news station?  

Captain Todd Approves

• Florida Ex-patFlorida Ex-pat Posts: 577 Officer
    mplspug said:

Probably.  But they still didn't charge the lady for their services.  I donate to charity but I also write it off on my taxes.
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 9,840 Admiral
    edited September 2018 #7
    That minimal $200 donation will bring a lot of biz. 

You know they did.
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 3,466 Moderator
    mplspug said:
    How do you know she didn't take it public?

." why would someone want to be a moderator in the first place?"

"There is no compensation for that task other than the satisfaction one might get from being an ***."

mindyabizness

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 6,365 Admiral
    The Company is gonna charge the next customer an extra $ 100 till they break even...winning..
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG
    Nickhoog said:

I've done this numerous times, not resulting in or asking for news coverage...

You can't tell me that anyone in a service business, like a/c, hasn't done this????

I get the feeling of helping out humanity; if there is such a thing; when this offering is offered....

Kudo's to the company that did this offering...

I need a "Gofundme" site...

Good for you, that's cool of you (pun intended)
    No political signature
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 9,840 Admiral
    edited September 2018 #12
    Nickhoog said:

I've done this numerous times, not resulting in or asking for news coverage...

You can't tell me that anyone in a service business, like a/c, hasn't done this????

I get the feeling of helping out humanity; if there is such a thing; when this offering is offered....

Kudo's to the company that did this offering...

I need a "Gofundme" site...

I'm a spec builder and have been for about 20 years selling probably over 100 properties. I can not imagine the total cost of my "giveaways". I do not want to know that number. 

I'm a get the deal done guy.  Give a little when needed to get it done.

No press needed or wanted, just get the deal done and close.
    edited September 2018 #13
    mplspug said:
    How do you know she didn't take it public?
    You know what a question mark represents?

That being said, going off her interview she didn't seem like she would have.But I will concede she may have.

Also if the AC didn't tip them off and say it was a neighbor who talked to her, whatever, it's a shame I would ask.  

Captain Todd Approves

• MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 1,928 Captain
    I've witnessed, done myself, and had companies do the "right thing" in similar situations.  

Im convinced that there are more good people than those who are not.. 
    Probably, but the bad people get all the attention.

Captain Todd Approves

• micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 13,063 AG
    Anyone that gives like this gets it back in one way or another and most time without even knowing. Good on them. 
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes