Home Off Topic

Go Bucs beat the Steelers

frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG
Hopefully the Fitzmagic will continue and the Bucs will take advantage of the disarray the Steelers are in
Grimes is back helping the defense handle deep routes 
Steelers defense has been underwhelming this season which is a plus 
This is the Bucs first game this season they are not listed as the underdog so they'll have to maintain the chip on their shoulders even so taking on a Steelers team that is becoming desperate 

Replies

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 13,290 AG
    I think they will, Pitt isn't healthy, they lack their talented RB, AB isn't happy he's pouting, the locker room is a mess, Tomlin has lost that team IMO.     I think the Bucs could win this game by two touchdowns, if Fitzmagic shows up.

if Fitztragic shows up, he'll throw three interceptions and the Stillers will win by two TDs. 
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter  
  • frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG
    Dood
    Fitztragic?!? Don't jinx them man
    frank said:
    Dood
    Fitztragic?!? Don't jinx them man
    o I followed him in Buffalo, when he was full on Fitztragic.    Couldn't pass a kidney stone let alone a touchdown.    
  • dolfanjoeydolfanjoey Posts: 1,174 Officer
    I will be rooting for Tampa. Until better call Saul comes on. Then back to the game
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 10,979 AG
    Holy cow!

Conte just got stiff armed pulverized.

• mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,427 Admiral
    edited September 2018 #7
    Like he was swatting a fly...........
    GET OFF ME ******!

Conte is out for the rest of the game and they bring in the rookie.

Something to be said for tackling low in the open field.
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
    He's probably clearing out his locker and going back to school.

Fitztragic is blooming. Another pic for #fakeconner.
    Another pick this time for 6. 

The garbage cans will be full of beards tonight. 🤣🤣
  • MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 2,190 Captain
    Well well, looks like Winston job is gonna be secure 
    Commentators have turned on #fakeconner and said "well...good thing Winston becomes available tomorrow." 
    edited September 2018 #12
    Looking pretty bad for Fitz, but it's not over yet
    And he can still make the fifty plus yard throws

Sulks for Conte, he got slammed
    ThrT need to lean on Howard some more and Godwin needs to tighten up
    Career highs!!!!! For 1st half interceptions... Ugh. 

FYI: I'm not saying bench fitz. But, hopefully he can show some results in the 2nd half 
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,999 Admiral
     Good thing Winston will garner much support because he has applied and upheld the superior morals and values of his  super fans. 
    Win or lose Fitz brought them back
    27 30

Just need a big defensive stand now
    Heck of a game so far!!! This is great football 
    That was a wasted opportunity 
    Bad play calls last drive.   Ugh 
    Bad play calls last drive.   Ugh 
    Agreed, that long ball to Evans was not needed, they had 3 minutes to work with
    Too little magic too late, dadgummit
    And a lot of holes in the secondary now
    A screen plan to a RB would have been nice. Get a few first downs at least for a tie fg.... 

I would have have liked to see a few long balls deep earlier also, but maybe they were defending for that?  

The MNF hosts are annoying, and I don't care about nba or other sports.  I would have rather watched the tony dungy part... 
    Hopefully they don't let the loss effect their play in Chicago
    They looked lost in the first quarter when the Steelers took them out of their rhythm, they have to snap back quicker in the future

and for the Fitz naysayers:
    "FitzMagic" hasn't dissipated entirely, as Tampa Bay Buccaneersquarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick bounced back after a slow start Monday night against the Pittsburgh Steelers to make history.

Fitzpatrick threw for 411 yards, three touchdowns and three interceptions in a 30-27 defeat. In doing so, the 35-year-old became the first quarterback to eclipse 400 passing yards in three straight games."

• surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,982 Admiral
    Hmm, a little premature celebration, not good. :(
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
    I tried to warn you guys about Fitztragic.     

• kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,395 Admiral
    I'm taking the bears next week.  The Fitz crash is coming, I've seen this show a few times before.  

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
    edited September 2018 #26
    His crashes are inevitable
    I talked to a couple of people that were at the game last night. They said that there were Steeler fans everywhere.
    They estimated 60% of the fans were yelling for Pittsburgh.

When the Macdonald stiff arm came up on the big screen....I guess the place went nuts.....perhaps a momentum shift?

Seems to me....it could have been a much worse loss...I mean ...we knew there would be losses and all we really know about the Steelers defense is that they are off to a really slow start. 410 yds/g  and 30 pts/g  29th out of 32....and they are tied for the most penalties yrds.
    That's a bad defense...…

Chicago has a much better defense statistically, 14 sacks this year. So somebody is going to get pressured.....and the Bucs don't do well when that happens

Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
    Fitz's stats overall for the first three games are still impressive:

Fitzpatrick touchdown passes this season, a team record in the first three games of a season.

Quarterbacks who have thrown at least 11 touchdown passes in their team's first three games of a season (Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Patrick Mahomes and Fitzpatrick).

1.6%

Fitzpatrick's interception rate after the first two games of the season.

The Bucs would do well to keep him as the starter unless he totally bombs, his stats are better than Winstons and the chemistry between him and the receivers works

Not all of the fault of the first half is on him

I tried to warn you guys about Fitztragic.     

• kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,395 Admiral
    frank said:
    Fitz's stats overall for the first three games are still impressive:

Fitzpatrick touchdown passes this season, a team record in the first three games of a season.

Quarterbacks who have thrown at least 11 touchdown passes in their team's first three games of a season (Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Patrick Mahomes and Fitzpatrick).

1.6%

Fitzpatrick's interception rate after the first two games of the season.

The Bucs would do well to keep him as the starter unless he totally bombs, his stats are better than Winstons and the chemistry between him and the receivers works

Not all of the fault of the first half is on him

He has played well for sure.  I just expect him to get worse with every passing week.  I recall him having a brilliant season with the Jets (?) And being trash the following season.  He isn't consistent.  I wouldn't hang my hat on Fitz being the future.

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
    he really battled back after spotting them 3 touchdowns.    Bucs came close.