Tiger Woods

13

Replies

  • sk018sk018 Posts: 2,958 Captain
    sk018 said:
    I was there in the Grandstand on the 18th green..It was crazy probably the most incredible sporting event ive seen live... My only complaint was the free grey goose drinks wouldnt allow "DOUBLES"
    That must of been pretty incredible. One of life's moments you'll never forget.
    Yep, I had a friend who works for local TV station who couldnt go bc he had to entertain clients at the Falcons game.  he asked me if I wanted them.  I wasnt sure, until he mentioned 18th green vip free food n booze. We spent an hour or so walking the course seeing various players hit some shots.  Then set up on 18 (10 is right behind it) so we watched Tiger and Rory tee off at 10 then back to 18th green to watch everyone finish.  Rose had to birdie 18 to win the ciup and 10 million.   Hes second was inches from going in the bunker, luckily it trickled on to the green and he 2 putted for 10 million
  • Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 3,032 Captain
    sk018 said:
    sk018 said:
    I was there in the Grandstand on the 18th green..It was crazy probably the most incredible sporting event ive seen live... My only complaint was the free grey goose drinks wouldnt allow "DOUBLES"
    That must of been pretty incredible. One of life's moments you'll never forget.
    Yep, I had a friend who works for local TV station who couldnt go bc he had to entertain clients at the Falcons game.  he asked me if I wanted them.  I wasnt sure, until he mentioned 18th green vip free food n booze. We spent an hour or so walking the course seeing various players hit some shots.  Then set up on 18 (10 is right behind it) so we watched Tiger and Rory tee off at 10 then back to 18th green to watch everyone finish.  Rose had to birdie 18 to win the ciup and 10 million.   Hes second was inches from going in the bunker, luckily it trickled on to the green and he 2 putted for 10 million
    Very cool! I don't know how Rose's ball stayed out of the bunker. Shots hit there usually bounce backward. Congrats on the tickets!
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 9,309 Admiral
    If that ball had not gotten that lucky bounce, TW would most likely have won the Fedex Cup as well as the tournament.  But nope.  Rose ruined it. 
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • nuevowavonuevowavo Posts: 6,702 Admin
    I have a tough time getting the ball into the elephant trunk.
    Is that a euphemism?
    Federales, bring my baby back to me!
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 3,863 Captain
    Yes but what about the other 17 holes??? :#
    Well that reminds me of a joke.

    Three guys were hanging out bragging about their families and one guy said I'm a strong Christian Baptist and I have four sons all over 6 ft tall if I had one more I would have a basketball team. The other guy says I'm a I'm a Catholic and I have ten sons they're all over 200 pounds if I had one more I would have a football team. The third guy said well I'm a Mormon and I have 16 wives. If I had one more I would have a golf course
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends President Trump
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 9,262 Admiral
    17 wives does not a golf course make.
  • MGTeacherMGTeacher South GaPosts: 1,800 Captain
    dave44 said:
    17 wives does not a golf course make.
    Holes Dave.
    My Favorite Smile Is Vertical
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 9,262 Admiral
    edited September 2018 #69
    MGTeacher said:
    dave44 said:
    17 wives does not a golf course make.
    Holes Dave.
    18 MG. If you are paying that kind of money to play why walk off the course early?
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 9,309 Admiral
    17 wives is 51 holes.  
    I still don't get it though.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 11,216 AG
    17 wives is 51 holes.  
    I still don't get it though.
    Sometimes you gotta put from the rough...
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • Reptile DysfunctionReptile Dysfunction LP - Edge of the Known UniversePosts: 3,298 Captain
    nuevowavo said:
    I have a tough time getting the ball into the elephant trunk.
    Is that a euphemism?
    No, it's pachyderm.
    "If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free" - P. J. O'Rourke
  • Reptile DysfunctionReptile Dysfunction LP - Edge of the Known UniversePosts: 3,298 Captain
    17 wives is 51 holes.  
    I still don't get it though.
    I don't get it either.
    "If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free" - P. J. O'Rourke
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 9,309 Admiral
    17 x 3 = 51
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 9,262 Admiral
    I thought maybe I would restate the obvious? A golf course usually has 18 holes, sometimes 9 holes, occasionally 36 holes and I’ve never played on one that had 54, but multiples of 17 just doesn’t work.
        What is the joke again?
  • Math hurts my head.
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 28,409 AG
    Yes but what about the other 17 holes??? :#
    Well that reminds me of a joke.

    Three guys were hanging out bragging about their families and one guy said I'm a strong Christian Baptist and I have four sons all over 6 ft tall if I had one more son I would have a basketball team. The other guy says I'm a I'm a Catholic and I have ten sons they're all over 200 pounds if I had one more son I would have a football team. The third guy said well I'm a Mormon and I have 17 wives. If I had one more wife I would have a golf course

    FIFYA

    Mini Mart Magnate

  • dave44dave44 Posts: 9,262 Admiral
    cadman said:
    Yes but what about the other 17 holes??? :#
    Well that reminds me of a joke.

    Three guys were hanging out bragging about their families and one guy said I'm a strong Christian Baptist and I have four sons all over 6 ft tall if I had one more son I would have a basketball team. The other guy says I'm a I'm a Catholic and I have ten sons they're all over 200 pounds if I had one more son I would have a football team. The third guy said well I'm a Mormon and I have 17 wives. If I had one more wife I would have a golf course

    FIFYA
    Ohhhhh, now I get it! Ha, ha.
       At least we got a little mileage out of it before Cad went all logical on it.
  • Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 3,032 Captain
    Seems a bit strange that they had the Ryder Cup only a week away from the Fed Ex Cup. Certainly didn't help the US players rest up a bit before the competition.
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 9,309 Admiral
    edited October 2018 #83
    Home field advantage.
    Plus bad captain's pick on our side, though he HAD to choose TW.  There is no choice there.  But TW even at his best was a lousy team player. 

    Jordan and Reed are apparently having a tiff. Our team isn't really a team... just a bunch of extremely wealthy, privileged exceptionally talented individuals thrown together.  There's is the same thing, except they actually seem to work together.  Maybe it's a cultural thing, I dunno.  
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 28,409 AG
    dave44 said:
    cadman said:
    Yes but what about the other 17 holes??? :#
    Well that reminds me of a joke.

    Three guys were hanging out bragging about their families and one guy said I'm a strong Christian Baptist and I have four sons all over 6 ft tall if I had one more son I would have a basketball team. The other guy says I'm a I'm a Catholic and I have ten sons they're all over 200 pounds if I had one more son I would have a football team. The third guy said well I'm a Mormon and I have 17 wives. If I had one more wife I would have a golf course

    FIFYA
    Ohhhhh, now I get it! Ha, ha.
       At least we got a little mileage out of it before Cad went all logical on it.
    I have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. I know a lot of realy old bad jokes. 

    Mini Mart Magnate

  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,981 Admiral
    Seems a bit strange that they had the Ryder Cup only a week away from the Fed Ex Cup. Certainly didn't help the US players rest up a bit before the competition.
    Golf is a pretty strenuous sport after all.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

    Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
  • Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 3,032 Captain
    surfman said:
    Seems a bit strange that they had the Ryder Cup only a week away from the Fed Ex Cup. Certainly didn't help the US players rest up a bit before the competition.
    Golf is a pretty strenuous sport after all.
    Yes it is. Especially followed by Jet lag.
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 10,510 AG
    surfman said:
    Seems a bit strange that they had the Ryder Cup only a week away from the Fed Ex Cup. Certainly didn't help the US players rest up a bit before the competition.
    Golf is a pretty strenuous sport after all.
    Yes it is. Especially followed by Jet lag.

    You sound like these guys are buried in the belly of a 747 with 450 other passengers. These guys have king size beds on their private jets.
  • Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 3,032 Captain
    Resinhead said:
    surfman said:
    Seems a bit strange that they had the Ryder Cup only a week away from the Fed Ex Cup. Certainly didn't help the US players rest up a bit before the competition.
    Golf is a pretty strenuous sport after all.
    Yes it is. Especially followed by Jet lag.

    You sound like these guys are buried in the belly of a 747 with 450 other passengers. These guys have king size beds on their private jets.

    Jet lag has nothing to do with comfort. It has to do with the time change.

    "Jet lag is a physiological condition which results from alterations to the body's circadian rhythms caused by rapid long-distance trans-meridian (east–west or west–east) travel"


  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,981 Admiral
    Which lasts about 1 day maybe.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

    Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
  • Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 3,032 Captain
    surfman said:
    Which lasts about 1 day maybe.

    The condition of jet lag may last several days before the traveller is fully adjusted to the new time zone


    Why is it that some people on this forum want to argue every little point someone makes? I don't understand some of you. Amazing. You will have to continue arguing with yourself. I am tired of proving you wrong.

  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 9,309 Admiral
    They gotta try to win somewhere, BNM.

    Hey, you see where Brooks  Koepka exploded that lady's eyeball, blinding her with an errant drive?

    Say what you want about Tiger and his philandering/drugging, etc.  at least he never squished out a lady's eyeball.  Gross stuff.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
Sign In or Register to comment.