Tiger Woods

Replies

• ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 3,896 Moderator
    You're comparing someone who slept around on his wife to someone who murdered his wife?

." why would someone want to be a moderator in the first place?"

"There is no compensation for that task other than the satisfaction one might get from being an ***."

mindyabizness

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• FishInFLFishInFL Posts: 2,216 Captain
    Allegedly... 

point is we have plenty of other golfers grinding it out, perhaps better people,  but people want to root for someone that had a dui, ruined his family, etc..  It’s interesting why he gets their support vs ton of other golfers with no issues.  And people are acting like it all happened to him, but he made it happen. All were his decisions.  I guess we should forget about all these issues and hope he wins vs the others...
  • AquaRoosterAquaRooster Posts: 603 Officer
    Also OJs wife was cheating on him, so it’s similar in some ways
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 10,692 AG
    Holy mackerel this thread took a jog to the left. 
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
    Also OJs wife was cheating on him, so it’s similar in some ways
    OJ played a lot of golf as well
  • nuevowavonuevowavo Posts: 6,614 Admin
    Predictable responses, from the usual suspects.
    The guy made some huge mistakes and seems to have come to grips with his failures, besides overcoming potentially career-ending health issues.
    Good for him, good for golf.
    Federales, bring my baby back to me!
  • Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 2,982 Captain
    FishInFL said:
    Allegedly... 

point is we have plenty of other golfers grinding it out, perhaps better people,  but people want to root for someone that had a dui, ruined his family, etc..  It’s interesting why he gets their support vs ton of other golfers with no issues.  And people are acting like it all happened to him, but he made it happen. All were his decisions.  I guess we should forget about all these issues and hope he wins vs the others...
    I root for other players too. Many of the younger players. I just like to see someone who has made errors in his life turn it around and start doing the right thing. What is wrong with that? Why must he be condemned for the rest of his life? Again, if you have never made any mistakes then continue to judge.
  • SAENoleSAENole Posts: 10,464 AG
    I saw the Tiger story on the local news last night.  It looked like hundreds and hundreds of 14 year old white boys squealing and hooting for Woods as he walked down the course.  

Good for him. 
    Warning Level 2
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 8,281 Admiral
    FishinFL has some deep seated issues.
    Glad he's here to offer his perspective.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • SaveMyRiverSaveMyRiver Posts: 430 Deckhand
    FishInFL said:
    FishInFL said:
    its funny how people are rooting for his comeback like it’s a Disney movie.  Instead it was filled with infidelity, womanizing, drug addiction, DUI, but let’s all cheer for him because he is at good at golf again.  Ridiculous
    It must be nice to be perfect and be able to judge other people. Congratulations.
    It’s not all that hard to NOT do the things he has done...
    Fishinfl has a god complex.  Need to forgive 
    FishInFL said:
    Allegedly... 

I don't think anyone would begin to say that his troubles weren't his fault. They are all his fault. What people are recognizing is that he made himself a better person by overcoming his faults.

"There is no compensation for that task other than the satisfaction one might get from being an ***."

mindyabizness

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,867 Admiral
    Tarponators alter ego.   "how to preach and look bad doing it"
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 10,692 AG
    I mean I've never done anything wrong so I guess that makes it ok for me do judge everyone else....

*sarcasm off*
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • wynnvwynnv Posts: 194 Deckhand
    Golf is better when Tiger is on the leaderboard. Yesterday was fun to watch.
    FishInFL said:
    Allegedly... 

I root for other players too. Many of the younger players. I just like to see someone who has made errors in his life turn it around and start doing the right thing. What is wrong with that? Why must he be condemned for the rest of his life? Again, if you have never made any mistakes then continue to judge.
    Ok fair enough good point

how do you decide who to root for again? Say the following used to play golf, but had their issues, but are playing again.  Who do you pick?

bill Cosby 
    Mark David Chapman
    Kim Jong Un
    Louis CK
    Jaylon Kerley - google it
    any villian from Scooby Doo

FishInFL said:
    FishInFL said:
    its funny how people are rooting for his comeback like it’s a Disney movie.  Instead it was filled with infidelity, womanizing, drug addiction, DUI, but let’s all cheer for him because he is at good at golf again.  Ridiculous
    It must be nice to be perfect and be able to judge other people. Congratulations.
    It’s not all that hard to NOT do the things he has done...
    Fishinfl has a god complex.  Need to forgive 
    Aren’t you the same guy trying to make your poopy pants friend pay you back for a ps4 you bought? Lol
  • SAENoleSAENole Posts: 10,464 AG
    I would definitely support any and all Scooby Doo villains.  
    Warning Level 2
    FishInFL said:
    FishInFL said:
    Allegedly... 

Ok fair enough good point

how do you decide who to root for again? Say the following used to play golf, but had their issues, but are playing again.  Who do you pick?

bill Cosby 
    Mark David Chapman
    Kim Jong Un
    Louis CK
    Jaylon Kerley - google it
    any villian from Scooby Doo

That is simple.

The first one that has a press conference to admit he made a mistake and apologized to friends and family on camera for the whole world to see. Then they spend 5 years building their life and reputation back to where people could trust and root for them again.

Anything else? 

• mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    SAENole said:
    I saw the Tiger story on the local news last night.  It looked like hundreds and hundreds of 14 year old white boys squealing and hooting for Woods as he walked down the course.  

Good for him. 
    But I thought we were a racist country?
    2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    FishInFL said:
    Filled with a man dealing with debilitating back pain and a complete RECOVERY.

And I am not even a christer, and I forgive the man his transgressions.
    133cbf2b243368b1ddb2f591a1988076--beach-posters-florida-travel.jpg
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,652 Admiral
    I don't watch golf very often, in fact almost never but, I remember once when Tiger was on top of his game he had a bad lye or lay or what ever, the ball was on the edge of the sand and he had one foot in the sand and one on the grass, the one in the sand was easily a foot and a half lower and he made this chop shot and the ball shot over to the green and ended up a couple feet from the pin. I went, Dauum.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 8,281 Admiral
    Cyclist said:
    FishInFL said:

LOL.  If there's one thing most christers DO NOT do, it's forgive.  Or listen to what Jesus said. In any way, shape or form. except when it suits them.

Oh, and fish - my money's on Louis CK.  What he did wasn't even bad.  Just a little joke on the womens. I'm sure they loved the attention at the time.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • SaveMyRiverSaveMyRiver Posts: 430 Deckhand
    Cyclist said:
    FishInFL said:

LOL.  If there's one thing most christers DO NOT do, it's forgive.  Or listen to what Jesus said. In any way, shape or form. except when it suits them.

Oh, and fish - my money's on Louis CK.  What he did wasn't even bad.  Just a little joke on the womens. I'm sure they loved the attention at the time. MRichardson said:
    Cyclist said:
    FishInFL said:

Oh, and fish - my money's on Louis CK.  What he did wasn't even bad.  Just a little joke on the womens. I'm sure they loved the attention at the time.
    Why the heck is my response within the quote!!??
    Finfinder said:
    How pathetic must people be to take the time to click on a clearly titled thread and say how much they do not care.    

Antagonist's. But they won't admit it and when they are called out on a point they just don't respond any more.
  • WaVeCrAzEdWaVeCrAzEd Posts: 593 Officer
    Maybe he'll become a counsellor now.
  • Gary SGary S Posts: 1,377 Officer
    I remember the time I played golf and had a bad lay. I took my time and timed it perfect and let it go. It went through the wind mill with no problem and in the hole for 1 under par.
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    Gary S said:
    I remember the time I played golf and had a bad lay. I took my time and timed it perfect and let it go. It went through the wind mill with no problem and in the hole for 1 under par.
    I have a tough time getting the ball into the elephant trunk. Windmill, not so much. 
    2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,
    Gary S said:
    Yes but what about the other 17 holes??? :#
  • sk018sk018 Posts: 2,958 Captain
    I was there in the Grandstand on the 18th green..It was crazy probably the most incredible sporting event ive seen live... My only complaint was the free grey goose drinks wouldnt allow "DOUBLES"
    sk018 said:
    I was there in the Grandstand on the 18th green..It was crazy probably the most incredible sporting event ive seen live... My only complaint was the free grey goose drinks wouldnt allow "DOUBLES"
    That must of been pretty incredible. One of life's moments you'll never forget.

mindyabizness

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)