Fort Pierce 9/22

My wife and I made it our fir our usual Saturday fishing trip. I was worried we were going to get rained as we drove through a down pour on the way to the marina. When we got on the boat it was sprinkling but not enough to persuade us to stay in. We heading to one of the channel markets in the inlet and started fishing the end of the out going tide. Withing 30 seconds of casting Tania, had the first keeper mangrove snapper. By 10am we had 6 keeper mangrove snapper ranging from 10 1/2 inches to 12 inches. Also had a 16 1/2 inch black drum in the cooler. We had also managed to  catch several mutton snapper but they ranged from 14 to 16 inches. Fun to catch, but all too short to keep. As the tide changed the bite died off so we moved to another one of out favorite spots. As you can see by the mark on the fish finder there was a load of fish. Unfortunately everything we caught was too short to keep. We landed a 15 inch gag grouper and a bunch of lane snapper. All in all we had a great day and we never got rained on. I hope all of you that made it out today had as much, if not better, luck than my wife and I. And for those of you heading out tomorrow, tight lines.

Replies

• GarysmoGarysmo Ft. Pierce, FloridaPosts: 690 Officer
    Nice job....sounds like a pretty good day.
  • skoonrskoonr Hobe SoundPosts: 17 Greenhorn
    Niice!
  • blakhawkdocblakhawkdoc Posts: 212 Deckhand
    Garysmo said:

It was a great day on the water. I am sure you cant wait to get back down here. 

• GarysmoGarysmo Ft. Pierce, FloridaPosts: 690 Officer
    Garysmo said:

It was a great day on the water. I am sure you cant wait to get back down here. 

Yeah I'm looking forward to it.  I've done some fishing up here.  Actually had done pretty good days for bass and northern pike.  Had an amazing bass day a few weeks ago.  We hit small mouth bass in Georgian bay and got 80+...at least a couple if dozen 4 to 5 pounders.   It was amazing.  However I can't wait to catch some mahi....still my favorite 
  • John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 1,714 Captain
    Nice , Congrats !