Haulover canal to Ponce inlet

nacaronacaro Posts: 19 Greenhorn
Hello. Can someone tell me how long in time and distance for the navigation from Haulover Canal to Ponce Inlet? 
Thank You

Replies

• slylunaslyluna Posts: 87 Greenhorn
    You have a couple of long manatee zones, I would estimate around 45 minutes to an hour.  Around 25 miles.
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 4,948 Captain
    25 miles in an hour with long manatee zones? that doesn't add up unless you are going really fast in the non manatee zones. Let's see what google says...
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 4,948 Captain
    Depending on where you start, Google says about 28 miles, I would think in a boat with manatee zones it would take a couple hours to do that at the very least? Unless you can do 25 mph in the zones. I don't know?
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.
  • nacaronacaro Posts: 19 Greenhorn
    Thanks for the info. I'm planning to go tomorrow to desapearing island. Was told that most of the boat ramps don't have enough paparking spot for the trailer. I don't want to go and have an issue with that. Is this true?
  • Reel TealReel Teal Posts: 3,191 Captain
    That would depend on the time you arrive. It's usually pretty empty everywhere when i get there. But yes, I do think if coming from the south, the parking can be limited for the amount of boats I have seen driving around
    I will be arriving around 10:00 am. It might full by then. 
  • Reel TealReel Teal Posts: 3,191 Captain
    What ramps were you considering? 
    That's the situation. I don't know the ramps on that area. My first time in Ponce Inlet.
  • hunterjwhunterjw Posts: 339 Deckhand
    What size boat?  if you are in a smaller vessel you can cut through at edgewater going southeast through government cut by jbs then back down sw out by georges bar and bypass all of the manatee zone except the NSB stuff.
    "He who hoots with the owls at night will not soar with the eagles at dawn"
    buckpic.jpg" tuna.jpg th_turkey1-1.jpg
    Great. Thank You. is a 23 ft. family and friends wanted warm water so we went to the west coast to Anclote Key. will wat for ponce inlet in 2 more weeks.