October Destin Trip

Hello all,
I will be in Destin area Oct 6-11. 

I will have LT25 and kayaks in tow along with Fly Rods and Spinning gear. I don’t know much about the area and would appreciate a few pointers regarding fishing that time of year and launches. Thanks. 
Neal

Replies

• PCGheenoeBoyPCGheenoeBoy Posts: 20 Greenhorn
    lots of good flats fishing in hog town bayou... those are about the only real flats we have. I’m almost positive there is a boat ramp there too. With your gheenoe and kayaks I wouldn’t venture too far out in the bay or pass! If you have more questions you can text me 3862378562
  • fysherfysher Posts: 36 Greenhorn
    lots of good flats fishing in hog town bayou... those are about the only real flats we have. I’m almost positive there is a boat ramp there too. With your gheenoe and kayaks I wouldn’t venture too far out in the bay or pass! If you have more questions you can text me 3862378562
    Thanks for the info. I will checkout hogtown. 
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 2,309 Captain
    edited September 25 #4
    There is a there is a good ramp there. Launched a 22” pathfinder there a few times with no problems 
    You should have been here yesterday
  • SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 7,812 Admiral
    Where will you be staying in Destin. There are tons of places to fish and if we can get some cooler weather, and water they will be going off big time. The bite has been pretty good as of late now, and only gets better with the cooler temps.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Spineyman said:
    Where will you be staying in Destin. There are tons of places to fish and if we can get some cooler weather, and water they will be going off big time. The bite has been pretty good as of late now, and only gets better with the cooler temps.
    Thanks for the ramp info Saltygatorvet...

Spineyman: We are staying in the Grayton Beach area. Thanks for any pointers and comments.
    Then Hogtown or 331 is your areas to fish from there! Both have fantastic fisheries for trout and reds!

if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Spineyman said:
    Perfect. Thanks for the ramp guide. Reading another post and saw you fish from a predator pdl? I have a predator paddle and have been hoping to find a used pdl for sale. It looks like everyone loves them however and I dont see any used ones for sale.
    You just missed it. Austin Canoe and kayak just had them new delivered to your door for 2200 bucks. They are sold out now and will have them again on sale for black Friday. I have been putting the beat down on fish since I got mine in the first week of December of last year. Black Friday sale by the way too. I love it!

Spineyman said:
    You just missed it. Austin Canoe and kayak just had them new delivered to your door for 2200 bucks. They are sold out now and will have them again on sale for black Friday. I have been putting the beat down on fish since I got mine in the first week of December of last year. Black Friday sale by the way too. I love it!
    Just my luck... I will try to sell my paddle pred and be ready for black friday sale. Thanks for the tip!
    Neal
    2nd year in a row that i have hauled boats, yaks, and gear and never launched due to hurricane. Somebody needs to do something about the hot weather, stinking fish kill, red-tide hacking cough, biting flies, sunburn, flooding, rip-tides, humidity, evacuation traffic, gas lines, rust on my trailer, etc. Who do I call?
    " Who you gonna call, Ghost busters"

In all seriousness, there is nothing you can do when the weather and outside stuff influences the circumstances. Just grin and bear it!

Yeah I know. Just jealous of you guys that live in the area and get to fish when conditions are great. I have had bad luck the past few trips fishing like a tourist! Hope everyone is safe and all gets better soon. 
    It was extremely mild in the Destin area. My yak buddy is in his cruiser at Joe's Bayou all day and said it was a little windy and some rain but really not that bad. Now east side of PC to Apalachicola didn't fare so well I hear.