Hoping to have some better Luck tomorrow, video report to follow

We went out Sunday morning, got a late start. Plan was to put mahi in the boat. Well unfortunately that didn't happen. We pushed all the way out to 21miles out, and couldn't put fish in the boat. We worked a frigate that was diving and chasing what appeared to be a bull working bait out of the water. Circled that bird and bait for 20 minutes with no luck, worked the same massive weed patch that was at around 900ft, but I think there must have been over 20 boats working the same patch all day. It was a gorgeous day on the water, and the ocean was as calm as it gets. 
I want to give a HUGE THANK YOU to the two gentlemen at the boca ramp who offered us some Mahi filets. We exchanged stories and they were lucky enough to find a floating pallet 25miles out, and scored 17 mahi. It was just two of them, and they were kind enough to throw some filets our way. I'll be sure to pay it forward at the ramp next time we come back with a haul and others do not. Really that is what it is all about!

Going to get another video up of the fishing tomorrow, going out of Hillsborough, going looking for mahi!

Replies

• MGDMGD Posts: 1,036 Officer
    Get live bait....stop on those big patches and put some out...don't have to live chum...but a chum bag or some chunks wont hurt.
    We went to the 43 line Saturday and found them there...and only a couple boats!!!!!!
    Tomorrow though should be good during the week. Less people

• blakhawkdocblakhawkdoc Posts: 212 Deckhand
    Thanks for the report. Better luck next trip!!