North causeway Fort Pierce

My son and I both had the day off so we we decided to go to the North Causeway in Fort Pierce.  The wind was blowing a little so we decided to go under the bridge and fish the mangroves on the north side. I managed to jump a nice barracuda but my son hit the line with the landing net and caused the line to break.  About 15 min later I hooked into another one and this one made it to the boat for some pics and a quick measurement ( 22 inches).  My son jumped a nice snook but thru out the lure. We found a large broken cooler in the mangroves which we deposited in the dumpster. I then caught a small Jack and then we decided to call it a day. We had fun and my new reels worked out very well.

Replies

• SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 7,920 Admiral
    What reels did you break in?
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• GarysmoGarysmo Ft. Pierce, FloridaPosts: 665 Officer
    What did the barracuda hit?
  • paddleharderpaddleharder Posts: 187 Deckhand
    The barracudas hit a blue and silver DOA jig. I purchased two Okumas reels (series 45 and 55)
    The barracudas hit a blue and silver DOA jig. I purchased two Okumas reels (series 45 and 55)
    Were you in the ICW when you got the cudas or were you in close to the mangroves in shallow water?  Just curious, I've never gotten a cuda inshore.
    We were just east of the bridge on the south side. There is a small channel and they hit the jigs right on the drop.
  • watergatorwatergator Fort Pierce Posts: 121 Deckhand
    Do you have any info on that boat? I moved here recently and I pass it every time I go out but I havent been able to get a story on it. 
  • blakhawkdocblakhawkdoc Posts: 212 Deckhand
    Do you have any info on that boat? I moved here recently and I pass it every time I go out but I havent been able to get a story on it. 

The boat washed up after Irma last year. 
    We were just east of the bridge on the south side. There is a small channel and they hit the jigs right on the drop.
    Thanks
  • P91473P91473 Posts: 68 Greenhorn
    That boat was tied up at Riverside Marina and broke lose during the storm last year. I was told it was last owned by a church who where planning to use it to bring supplies to Haiti, but abandoned the project years ago. It was sitting at Riverside for years until it “broke free”..,