Drone Fishing for Bass (Brilliant or Terrible Idea??)

Sounds crazy right? We tried kite fishing for bass a few weeks back but there wasn't enough wind and one of our viewers suggested we use the drone instead. So... Shelby and I headed out into the Everglades with our DJI Phantom 3 Drone, live shiners and a fishing pole. 

Best part about drone fishing, you can see the fish from an entirely new (and awesome!) perspective.

This was a blast!

https://youtu.be/blt_tjB6ZY0

Replies

• JustKeepSwimmingJustKeepSwimming Posts: 172 Deckhand
    Looks like fun
  • EBOutdoorsEBOutdoors Posts: 64 Greenhorn
    Looks like fun
    It was! We're determined to land one... heading out again soon.
  • Reel TealReel Teal Posts: 3,176 Captain
    Idk if its brilliant or terrible....but definitely different and cool footage to boot.

Cant wait to see the regs state we cant catch certain species of game fish by drone lol
  • former bluefishinnyformer bluefishinny Posts: 1,477 Officer
    lol very very cool!!!!
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 9,173 Admiral
    Reel Teal said:
    Idk if its brilliant or terrible....but definitely different and cool footage to boot.

Cant wait to see the regs state we cant catch certain species of game fish by drone lol
    Absolutely.   give it a couple years using any drone for fishing for certain species will definitely be outlawed. 
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 26,960 AG
    Seems pointless to me.  
    Vote for the other candidate
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 18,991 AG
    My son has that same drone... 
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • EBOutdoorsEBOutdoors Posts: 64 Greenhorn
    duckmanJR said:
    My son has that same drone... 
    It's a great drone. Although as soon as we can swing it we're upgrading to the newest model. It has a feature that follows you so you don't have to control it the entire time. Very appealing! 
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 18,991 AG
    He really likes it...he got it from a guy who was upgrading...several extra batteries and a nice Pelican case.

I like your buggy....I have a 1980 Landcruiser FJ 40 I was going to build into a buggy...but it is probably a bigger project than I want to try. 
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you