›

Crystal River Inshore/Offshore Fishing with Lauren

Went on my first fishing trip with my gf lauren. The reds weren't biting at the spoil banks like they have been in previous years but we hooked into some big sharks. Bounced around caught some snapper and a little cobia. Then drifted the flats and caught a few trout, catfish, and more sharks. Then we found a giant group of dolphins jumping and playing around. Had a fun little trip and back by 1pm. She did a great job grabbing the rod and reeling the sharks in by herself for never been fishing before.

Go Pro Video

Went offshore for the first time in a while so I didn't know what to expect. Was happy to find 5-10 nice Snapper at the beginning of the day. The current was ripping so hard that freelining became impossible and the bite turned off. Had several nice fish break us off and plenty of grunt to keep us busy. Went to 35ft and was happy we found a ton of life, mostly small but still a good sign. Lots of small red grouper and seabass every drop. Couldn't have asked for better weather. Cant wait to put lauren on some real fish she seems to love it out there.

Go Pro Video

Jerry is the only member to have met my new gf so hopefully we have a bash soon so I can bring her along. Our first fishing weekend went pretty good I'd say. 

She loves catching sharks

Baby Cobia

Her first Shark

And she loves beer lol

She even likes to eat the fish too!

Replies

• barhopper51barhopper51 Posts: 542 Officer
    Great report. Haven't heard from you in a while.
  • k-dogk-dog Posts: 149 Deckhand
    Lucky girl i been trying to get you to go with me for 2 years. Looks like you hooked another
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 8,879 Admiral
    k-dog said:
    Lucky girl i been trying to get you to go with me for 2 years. Looks like you hooked another
    maybe you should ask her for tips?
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • killintimekillintime Posts: 234 Deckhand
    I remember my wife loving to fish when we were dating too.....B)
  • JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 1,291 Officer
    ANUMBER1 said:
    k-dog said:
    maybe you should ask her for tips?
    Sound like he’s already asking for a tip....
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 8,879 Admiral
    Hmmm, could go either way I suppose..
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • Ruff OneRuff One HomosassaPosts: 1,831 Captain
    That's a nice fishing post and she looks a lot better then Jake!! I am up in Missouri hunting with Capt. Louie and he said that Laruen can come even if you can't make it. She can also have her own special table. LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wishin i was fishinWishin i was fishin Dunnellon FlPosts: 899 Officer
    👍🏻
  • Rick1-2Rick1-2 HorseshoePosts: 881 Officer
    I remember my wife loving to fish when we were dating too.....B)
    lol me too
  • MichimanMichiman Posts: 12 Greenhorn
    Outstanding catch, young man. Well done.
  • nicknick Crystal RiverPosts: 4,537 Captain
    Jake quit putting out?

I always thought you two were a cute couple.