jupiter 9-11

left inlet around noon. Super flat and calm.
started in 75’ range about halfway between pier and inlet. Lots of small mutton’s. Managed two barely 18’. Had the size limit still  been 16’ we would have limited.
decided to head deaper to find keepers. Found a few yellow tails in 95’ off green roofs. Some miscellaneous reef fish mixed in. Current was 2.5knots in 100’ so we went back to 80’ to finish. More small mutton’s.. seems like muttons are the most plentiful fish out there. I kept a squirrel fish to try it out.. wasn’t worth it. Skin is like armor and very boney.. meat was good but not worth the effort. If your heading out use the south side of the inlet as it appears a swell is moving in and even yesterday with it calm there was a strange wave break on the north side that will grow with the storm going by

Replies

• blakhawkdocblakhawkdoc Posts: 212 Deckhand
    Nice catch. Thank you for the report,
  • Reel MullarkeyReel Mullarkey Posts: 1,847 Captain
    Not a bad mixed bag! I hate those squirrel fish! I got a nasty infection a few years ago from trying to clean those things. I cut myself a few times on that sharp point by their gills and it pussed out for 10 days! I give a good belly slice before I release them with a de-hooker now.
    Jonathan Mullarkey's
    SUPERCLEAN SERVICES
    Professional cleaning and restoration since 1999
    CARPETS - UPHOLSTERY - TILE - GROUT - MARBLE - TERRAZZO

CLEAN - POLISH - SEAL - RESTORE - PROTECT
    561-891-1236
    www.steamcleanjupiter.com