CURRENT REPORT

Anybody going out give me a report on the current
want to deep drop Saturday. Thanks Neal

Replies

• xeniaxenia Posts: 261 Deckhand
    Which area?  I heard it's been ripping north off North Key largo and Ocean Reef.  Check the regs before.  Both tilefish and Snowy Grouper are currently closed.
  • Lucky Hook IILucky Hook II Posts: 473 Deckhand
    On Monday the current on the reef was slow but offshore was ripping.
    Capt. Jorge Fernandez
    www.luckyhookcharters.com
  • Plastered2850Plastered2850 Posts: 1,456 Officer
    Port Everglades but i just got a report 1600 ft
    alot of Mahi.
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 3,808 Captain
    edited September 12 #5
    Went today off of Pompano at 550' (made sure to stay in State waters) 1.6 knots, inside of 400' less than a knot. Mostly blowing in and slight north movement.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

Thanks Conchydong
  • Flight RiskFlight Risk Posts: 2,437 Captain
    Went today off of Pompano at 550' (made sure to stay in State waters) 1.6 knots, inside of 400' less than a knot. Mostly blowing in and slight north movement.

Conchy, any luck with the BLT's down there?

Neal - I've seen your haul's on the Rosies, have you had any luck getting Barrel Fish or other deep dwellers besides Golden Tiles?
    Catch'M'Up out there by the way...

Pura Vida!
  • remel1993remel1993 Posts: 504 Officer
    Went out sunday evening. Current was 4knts in 250ft of water. I drifted from PE to Hillsboro in a little over an hour. Managed a few blackfin on the vertical jigs. And saturday night the current was also ripping on the 3rd reef line at 70ft while snapper fishing. 
    If I dont answer my phone call, either Im fishing or riding my motorcycle. -Salty Bike Life
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 3,808 Captain

Conchy, any luck with the BLT's down there?

Neal - I've seen your haul's on the Rosies, have you had any luck getting Barrel Fish or other deep dwellers besides Golden Tiles?
    Catch'M'Up out there by the way...
    Didn't fish for BLTs specifically but got a decent one at a Snowy spot. There might be a few around.
    Got a 17lb Snowy and a smaller Yellow edge then tried for some Snappers but they were small. After picking through a bunch of small Verms and Yelloweyes to get a few 12"ers we gave up on them. The effort versus the reward wasn't worth it so called it a early day.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

Bill we have caught a few barrel fish.