Freaking huge bull - Quepos CR

ive Fished Costa Rica about a half dozen times. It’s great. First time out of Jaco/ los Suenos we got 19 pacific sails averaging 100 lbs each. We told the captain to,go home as my buddy and I were beat. 

But you need to see this bull caught last week, credit to quepos fish adventure on fb.

Replies

• About Time 2About Time 2 Posts: 22 Greenhorn
    :o Type your comment
  • Plastered2850Plastered2850 Posts: 1,767 Captain
    Thats a big boy.
  • xeniaxenia Posts: 483 Deckhand
    That fish could eat most of the dolphin caught off South Florida!
  • blakhawkdocblakhawkdoc Posts: 212 Deckhand
    Nice fish. beautiful color!

• GarysmoGarysmo Ft. Pierce, FloridaPosts: 785 Officer
    Biggest one I ever saw..I'd love to catch one like that someday
  • pjepje Orlando , FlPosts: 719 Officer
    Yeah , John's guys get it done down there . Dolphin that size and bigger are pretty common in CR , it's amazing how the fishing is down there with no commercial pressure . 
  • Strangegill88Strangegill88 Posts: 227 Deckhand
    That's bigger than the one I got out of Los Suenos in May, mates estimated mine at 55 lbs... That one is closer to 75 I'd think. 

edited September 2018 #9
    Here are a few from a few months ago 

• ginghyginghy Posts: 31 Greenhorn
    Pacific fish are bigger.
    i know the sailfish run much larger up to 200 lbs.
    edited September 2018 #11
    The Dolphin are bigger in CR and Panama because they ran the commercial fleets out of their waters a while back . It dramatically improved the entire fishery . We used to catch fish of this size off of Florida , but our fishery has been in a steady decline the last 5+ years . Unfortunately it is only going to keep getting worse .
  • John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 1,796 Captain
    pje said:
    The Dolphin are bigger in CR and Panama because they ran the commercial fleets out of their waters a while back . It dramatically improved the entire fishery . We used to catch fish of this size off of Florida , but our fishery has been in a steady decline the last 5+ years . Unfortunately it is only going to keep getting worse .
    Steady decline the last 50+ years according to those who have been fishing that long :(  As much as people don't want to hear it, marine sanctuaries will help.
    pje said:
    Steady decline the last 50+ years according to those who have been fishing that long :(  As much as people don't want to hear it, marine sanctuaries will help.
     I should have said the last 10 years , has dropped off in a really big way the last 5 years . 
  • CaptJCaptJ Posts: 786 Officer
    Yup, used to get em jumbo sized back in the seventies off Miami. Shows what happens when you kill all the little ones every season.