December Visit

We are contemplating a visit to SE FL sometime in December and of course I'd like to fish some while there, yet do so as simply as possible.  

Can some fish be caught along the beaches or inlets on foot with light tackle?

Also, are there particular areas in the southeastern part of the state that are more conducive to this style of fishing?  We haven't decided on a particular area yet so I'm totally open to suggestions.

Thanks

Replies

• dannosdoormatsdannosdoormats Posts: 181 Deckhand
    Rule of Thumb: The further south you go the less beach/inlet access you will have!
  • BasstarBasstar Posts: 513 Officer
    Rule of Thumb: The further south you go the less beach/inlet access you will have!
    Thanks so much.  This is exactly the type of info I appreciate as it isn't something I would know otherwise.  Much appreciated.

• Aquaholic IVAquaholic IV Posts: 794 Officer
    Great fishing off the beach in Jensen Beach/Stuart.  That time of year there are Snook, Spanish Mackerel, Blue Fish among the Jacks, Blue Runners, etc.  Plenty of reasonable accommodations available.  
  • BasstarBasstar Posts: 513 Officer
    Great fishing off the beach in Jensen Beach/Stuart.  That time of year there are Snook, Spanish Mackerel, Blue Fish among the Jacks, Blue Runners, etc.  Plenty of reasonable accommodations available.  
    Thanks so much.  This makes me smile because one of the areas my wife had mentioned was Hutchinson Beach as we'd never been there.