Turneffe Flats, Belize

Won a trip to go to Turneffe Flats in Belize. What an awesome place. Tons of bonefish and plenty of shots everyday at permit and tarpon. Man I love the tarpon there. Never had one turn down a fly. Even on a bad cast. I'll let my pics do most of the talking.

Replies

• greenie-slayergreenie-slayer Posts: 761 Officer

• blakhawkdocblakhawkdoc Posts: 212 Deckhand
    Looks like a great experience. Thank you for sharing with us.
  • pk911pk911 Posts: 258 Deckhand
    nice trip

• Plastered2850Plastered2850 Posts: 1,627 Captain
    Great pics.
  • Strangegill88Strangegill88 Posts: 222 Deckhand
    Awesome, I was thinking of heading down there to Ambergris Cay and just asking at some hotels for a local guide for the day. I'm guessing you got to stay in a resort w/ local guides? 
    Awesome, I was thinking of heading down there to Ambergris Cay and just asking at some hotels for a local guide for the day. I'm guessing you got to stay in a resort w/ local guides? 
    Yes I stayed at Turneffe Flats which is on Turneffe Atoll  which is a island chain about 30-40 miles off the coast of Belize city. No one else on the island while i was there. There is another resort like 12 miles down on another island but it was closed for summer. All guides are local. Most had been fishing Turneffe 15-30 years. I would recommend Turneffe flats to anyone going down the Belize. Top notch guides, top notch accommodations. Nothing about the trip was bad. You wouldn't regret going there
  • BarrellBarrell Posts: 1,138 Officer
    Niceness, I would have eaten that permit though.
    Barrell said:
    Niceness, I would have eaten that permit though.
    Permits are friends not food lol. With the food the lodge served there was no need or want to keep any fish. 
  • mattpmclmattpmcl Posts: 30 Greenhorn
    Sent you a PM regarding trip.
  • John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 1,714 Captain
    Lots of nice photos, thanks for the share.
    Lots of nice photos, thanks for the share.
    Thanks.