Fort Pierce Area 9/2

blakhawkdocblakhawkdoc Posts: 212 Deckhand

My wife and I made it on the water yesterday. We were out for 30 minutes and had to race back to the docks as a thunderstorm popped up and a special marine warning went I to effect until 230pm. The rain stopped around 3pm and we headed back out on the water. It was a bit windy but we were able to get on to our marks and land some fish. We caught a bunch of short snappers but were able to come home with 5 lanes. We also caught a few short muttons 14 and 16inches, but fun to catch. All in all it was a good day on the water. Tight lines all.

Replies

• FISHHUNTRFISHHUNTR Posts: 1,282 Officer
    Nice
    "FISHUNTR"- 2012 20' Pathfinder, Yamaha F150, HDS gen 3 9T
  • BacDocBacDoc Posts: 704 Officer
    Nice work on the Lane snapper!

Yesterday was sketchy weather! I do a lot of kitesurfing but that wind was way too gusty and the radar looked like steady line of squalls with lightning most of the day. Wind at 20kts is fun on a kiteboard but makes for rough seas and steep waves. How deep did you fish? 
  • blakhawkdocblakhawkdoc Posts: 212 Deckhand
    BacDoc, Due to the rough seas and the sketchy weather my wife and I stay in the intracostal. We were in about 16 feet of water right off the channel. 
  • BacDocBacDoc Posts: 704 Officer
    BacDoc, Due to the rough seas and the sketchy weather my wife and I stay in the intracostal. We were in about 16 feet of water right off the channel. 
    Amen brother! Glad you chose that option as the ocean was angry and very unsafe.
    Nice work on the right choice!