Charlotte Harbor 9/1

Launched at Laishley park this morning and ran down the harbor a little ways. Set out some chum and mullet and ladyfish chunks. Took about 30 minutes for the first shark but after that we had consistent action. Landed and released 5 small bull sharks and a few sail cats. We had quite a few runoffs not come tight and 1 bite off. On the way in saw some one land a large black drum under the 41 bridges. Its been about 2 months since the last time I had the boat out and it felt great to get back out

Replies

• SerotoninSerotonin Cape CoralPosts: 175 Deckhand
    I forgot to mention..., no dead fish or smells up harbor but no dolphins were seen. 

Pictures won't load right now, I'll try later
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 5,126 Admiral
    Thankfully the Peace and Myakka as well as the most of the harbor and the upper 2/3's of Matlacha have been spared.
  • joekat46joekat46 North PortPosts: 2,059 Captain
    edited September 2018 #4
    Fished the El Jo bridge yesterday morning.  Dolphins around the area. No red tide anywhere close. I normally run as far as the Alligator Reef. Snook and reds all catch and release so few scouting for what would have been todays snook opener.
    I only ran as far south as the upper hole. With the early afternoon storms we had been having I didn't want to run too far. My original plan was to head offshore but I'll have to save that for another day
  • Capt Dan MedinaCapt Dan Medina Posts: 718 Officer
    thanks for the report... we did a trip up around north end of /charlotte harbor as well. Was nice to see an inshore area no as affected by the red tide

www.SaltyFishingCharters.com 33 Ft World Cat Tournament Edition Catamaran
    Offshore Fishing Charters FT Myers, Sanibel, Captiva, Cape Coral
    I agree. I believe I'll be running out to play offshore this sunday. The inshore trip was to run the boat after 2 months off the water and now I'll go deeper, not as deep as you but farther than I ever have pushed out