Scallops?

Has anyone scalloped in Crystal River or Steihatchee?

Replies

• backwatercolebackwatercole Posts: 67 Greenhorn
    Recently or just have we ever been there?
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 9,257 Admiral
    I did back in 2016.  It was fun.  
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • itsmeagain5789itsmeagain5789 Posts: 20 Greenhorn
    Interested in a recent scallop report if anyone has been lately. I may be heading down to the Crystal River area this weekend. 
  • yellow angleryellow angler Posts: 6 Greenhorn
    I wanted to know if any were caught in the last week or two.
  • pottydocpottydoc The thriving metropolis of Umatilla Posts: 2,754 Captain
    Water still looks like coffee out of the ‘Hatch unless you run up past Keaton. 
  • nicknick Crystal RiverPosts: 4,628 Captain
    I just shucked out 8 gallons for 3 cups.

• 4WARD4WARD Cross Creek,FLPosts: 1,086 Officer
    Pics of 3 cups? She sounds interesting.
    "I hate graveyards and old pawn shops
    For they always bring me tears
    I can't forgive the way they rob me
    Of my childhood souvenirs"... John Prine
  • restlessnativerestlessnative Posts: 2,033 Captain
    Ive limited out of Homosassa last 2weekends in a row.
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 5,126 Admiral
    Homosassa and Crystal River are good right now. The Hatch was nasty. Didn't find any clean water till Dekel Beach
    Homosassa and Crystal River are good right now. The Hatch was nasty. Didn't find any clean water till Dekel Beach
    How deep were they in crystal river?
  • tankardtankard Posts: 6,607 Admiral
    We were in Ozello last Saturday and it was real slim pickings. Other boats might have done better but we got maybe 40 total. Barely enough for one meal between 3 adults (their kids don't eat them) and that's stringing it out with pasta and a steak on the side. No one ever came back to the boat with more than 10 in their bag. It kinda sucked.
  • alloutallout Posts: 197 Deckhand

we are headed out sat or sunday out of Keaton hoping to find some not hearing good news though

Found em between 4-7 ft with 6 being best south of Crystal River. Steinhatchee  and Keaton would bad. Almost zero Scallops and few fish.
    Found em between 4-7 ft with 6 being best south of Crystal River. Steinhatchee  and Keaton would bad. Almost zero Scallops and few fish.
    Doesn't sound bad. I'll head out there on Saturday and hope for the best. thanks!
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 9,257 Admiral
     I hope you get decent weather

People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
    Good luck
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 4,400 Captain
    Scallops are one of my favorite seafood, but never thought it was worth catching them myself with the small limit.  Never even tried.