Crystal River 8-26

Fished from 7 until 2 and it was rough. Started right at daylight with topwater and not even a miss or anything. Only thing I managed was a bird, they were going crazy trying to eat our topwaters and were even diving after switching to a sinking mirrodine. Caught a tiny mangrove snapper and a lizard fish on the mirrodine. Fished all through Salt River and the surrounding islands with no luck. Saw plenty of mullet and had good moving water but no action. Moved out to the spoil banks and only caught a small black drum and some other junk fish. Overall tough day of fishing and cannot wait for the weather to cool down some. Still a nice day on the water and did not break anything.

Replies

• SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,636 Captain
    Momma said there would be days like that. But, hey, you were on the water and didn't break anything, good day in all.
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 9,244 Admiral
    You're still envied by those of us that are boatless for the time being.   
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • backwatercolebackwatercole Posts: 67 Greenhorn
    But at least you got her sold SP!  
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 9,244 Admiral
    edited August 2018 #5
    But at least you got her sold SP!  
    True, so now the waiting game begins.    I figure it's going to be at least another 12-18 months before i get another boat.  But when I do it will be better suited to my needs and the family's.   A 1720 isn't something you can take 5 full grown adults out on, or go out in the Atlantic safely on.   I want to do both.   Next boat will be a 19-22' CC with a 150.   And a little more deadrise I know the bay boats are all the rage but I want a little more slice into the chop.   I don't fish very shallow anyway. 

Pioneer makes a 197 sportfish that looks good.  I want a little bigger but I won't care as much as long as it's got the power, i'm not going to go for a 115.   Or a 140.  
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,675 Moderator
    Good to hear a report. Even the trips that aren't the best catchin' are helpful .

Thanks !
    "You'll get your weather"
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,772 Captain
    Seems you had a bad case of Fullmoonits!! Happens to me every time I try to fish on a Full Moon!! Some say no but in my experience unless I feel like taking a boat ride and getting some casting practice I stay home!! Now if you can go out at night you may hit an epic snook bite if they aren't busy making babies?
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!