Salt River Fishing - Sunday, August 26, 2018

My Son-In-Law and I went out Salt River today. Fished from 08:00 to 13:00 hours. Caught one 15-1/2" speckled trout. Great day on the water and returned safely! Check out the longer version of our day at "Ramblings...": https://zelladreamin.blogspot.com/2018/08/ozello-fishing-august-26-2018.html
Yea buddy, life is awesome!!!

Replies

• Moon ShadowMoon Shadow Posts: 874 Officer
    Enjoyed reading your longer report.  Someday I make it out fishing. :)
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 9,911 Admiral
    Nice report but not Salt River.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,887 Moderator
    ANUMBER1 said:
    I know where he is talking about..
    "You'll get your weather"
  • HalonHalon Posts: 140 Deckhand
    ANUMBER1 said:
    How about west of Salt River and south of Fort Island Gulf Beach?
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,820 Captain
    Sounds like a nice day and you didn't get skunk stanked!!
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
  • josh...BAMFjosh...BAMF Posts: 119 Deckhand
    What is the river called that Twin Rivers marina is on? I thought it was Salt River as thats what the GPS said but when I searched Google Earth there was like ten "Salt River" results. I have only fished Crystal River a few times so I am still getting used to the area and the names of places.
    Halon said:
    ANUMBER1 said:
    How about west of Salt River and south of Fort Island Gulf Beach?
    that will work!! :)
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
    What is the river called that Twin Rivers marina is on? I thought it was Salt River as thats what the GPS said but when I searched Google Earth there was like ten "Salt River" results. I have only fished Crystal River a few times so I am still getting used to the area and the names of places.
    That is Salt River (north end) it runs north and south tween CR and Homosassa.
  • josh...BAMFjosh...BAMF Posts: 119 Deckhand
    Alright thanks for clearing that up.