Grande Harbour at Old Bahamas Bay is coming

Docked WagesDocked Wages Posts: 2,871 Admin
Check it out, Old Bahama Bay is expanding with its new extension called Grande Harbour at Old Bahama Bay. 

Lots of new amenities and new marina coming.

https://www.grandeharbour.com/

Mark Wilson
AF1.124213220_sq_thumb_s.jpg

Replies

• Osprey45Osprey45 FT Pierce/ Boonton Twp NJPosts: 993 Officer
    Looks nice
  • Docked WagesDocked Wages Posts: 2,871 Admin
    Obviously this will be a time phased expansion but he nice part is that it is being fully thought through and executed strategically.   A second marina will be one of the first phases and a later phase will include in /out storage for those who want to keep a vessel on the island.  More detailed info to start flowing soon.  

Mark Wilson
  • Capt KurtCapt Kurt Posts: 355 Deckhand
    When someone wants to develop West End it gets me thinking of a real estate bubble.  It's 10 years since Ginn Sur Mer went bust.  I wish them well, but I think they are getting into this as our roaring economy is beginning to show it's age..
    visit Pure Pilates in Fort Lauderdale - http://www.pure-pilates.net
    edited August 2018 #5
    As an owner we exclusively employ Bahamians and most from West End.  We do not own the marina, we lease it from Lubert Adler holdings.  With a Canadian company set to buy the old Ginn property and marina we dont know how this is going to impact our operation.  With this expansion we now can open our own marina and ensure access to all the boaters that like to visit West End.  
    Mark Wilson
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 9,229 Admiral
    Just have it ready for 2022-2024 LOL that's when I plan on having a boat capable of crossing 
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,130 AG
    So, is OBB 'busy' enough to justify the expansion?

What about the airport there? Those that leave their boats there will need to get over there and to fly into Freeport (FPO) means a $100 cab ride up to OBB.
    Gary,

The airport on property is open and running well. Regardless how many rooms you build, you want to have a strategic plan for the whole site before you start.   I suspect this will be a slow build by phase project like the first three phases starting with the expanded marina first.  
    Mark Wilson
  • nuevowavonuevowavo Posts: 6,465 Admin
    edited October 2018 #9
    Just found this:
    httpwwwthebahamasweeklycomuploads20Grande_Harbour_at_Old_Bahama_Bay____Resort__3A_2018-0612-C-3A_SITE_PLANjpg
    ".Current plans for Grande Harbour are 460 resort style ultra luxury condos consisting of 1, 2, and 3 bedroom units. The expanded resort project will also boast a 78 slip Dockaminium with a combination of fixed and floating docks to accommodate vessels up to 75ft. The fixed docks will be made available with optional boat lifts specifically for center console style boats 40ft and under. Further, an additional 2500 lineal feet of dockage will offer ample space, power, and water for Mega Yachts. Plans also include; 2 infinity pools, hot tubs,  a lavish spa,   2 restaurants, tennis courts, basketball courts, volleyball courts, largest fish cleaning station in all of the Bahamas,  a convention hall with venue space, state of the art gym facilities, and a private members only club..."

https://theworldnews.net/bs-news/old-bahama-bay-to-expand-with-new-condos-villa-s-and-marina

Federales, bring my baby back to me!
  • GarysmoGarysmo Ft. Pierce, FloridaPosts: 663 Officer
    Hope things go as planned and I look forward to visiting.....I'll be sure to share the info with others.
    Here is a revised layout, a few less buildings, lower density, more pool and common area plus a few other amenities.  I will work on a more details and color version soon.

Mark Wilson
  • Osprey45Osprey45 FT Pierce/ Boonton Twp NJPosts: 993 Officer
    Nope there is a power struggle going on. 

At OBB we lease the marina and some common areas to create the resort above and beyond just the condos we own.  The lease owner is LRA who is trying to push us out so they can lease it to a Canadian company that has no ties or cares to the local west village population.   Our expansion into Grande Harbour is kinda like a self preservation or defensive move as it will create our own marina and restaurants thus not needing the LRA owned properties.  Right now the Canadian company is trying to execute a hostile take offer and trying to buy our units well below market value and implying threats if we dont comply.  As an owner of two units, I will not comply and will move on without them.  Our HOA the IVRC prevented LRA from locking the doors on the Resort on Dec 6 with a lawsuit and now we finally got the courts involved.     There are a ton of newspaper articles over the past month published but they are slanted to a narrative of who asked to have it posted, both good and bad depending on what side you are on. 

Mark Wilson