Epic Snook Beach Fishing Report and Bait

One of my favorite things to do is to fish the beach. Nothing like having soft sand on your bare feet and watching the migration unfold before your eyes. I think we all started out fishing from land, piers, beaches, etc so it is extra special when you are so dialed in that you can time the bite and make it happen for others.

I had the opportunity to share an amazing evening of fishing with my Niece, Nephew and Sister. I decided to film the evening in between the action so they can look back on the day and remember who got them started fishing 

I started out by waiting patiently for the bait to appear amongst the weed. In about 20 minute I could see them coming South fast. Using a 1/4 inch mesh net, I made quick work of enough pilchards to fish the entire evening for 2 of us. The kids had a blast looking at the bait in the bucket.

It wasn't long before the blue runners showed up giving us enough action to wow the kids. But shortly after, the snook showed up and it was on. One after another. You know that knock feeling and then drag ripping off the Van Stall. I love it!

As we wait for the mullet run, something tells me this is going to be an epic year. 

Hope you enjoy the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dHoOSVly7I
My Youtube Channel
Boat: 2015 25' Competition Single 300 Yamaha
Latest Fishing Report - Snook on the Beach

Replies

• reelgrimmreelgrimm MiamiPosts: 458 Deckhand

My Youtube Channel

• pk911pk911 Posts: 249 Deckhand
    Is that an incoming tide very nice video
    pk911 said:
    Is that an incoming tide very nice video
    Yes, sir.  Gotta time the tide to get it done.   The outgoing is possible, but gotta be closer the inlets for that tide to be effective...
    My Youtube Channel

• pk911pk911 Posts: 249 Deckhand
    thanks for the reply I usually go down to Dania but it is now too crowded. Miss the old days.
    pk911 said:
    thanks for the reply I usually go down to Dania but it is now too crowded. Miss the old days.
    No problem.  Lloyd was one of my favorite spots, I just hardly make it in there anymore.  I love to get in there during the day, because there are no lifeguards....
    My Youtube Channel

• P91473P91473 Posts: 58 Greenhorn
    Epic, thanks for sharing.
  • Strangegill88Strangegill88 Posts: 215 Deckhand
    Beautiful Snook........how are you keeping your Pilchards alive? what kind of bait bucket in the surf?
    I am using a standard 5 gallon bucket with a bubbler.  You can keep a few dozen alive pretty easily.  I'll swap the water as well every now and then.   The pilchards are rather small, so you can pack them and they are fine.
    My Youtube Channel

• blakhawkdocblakhawkdoc Posts: 212 Deckhand
    Nice catch. Tha is for the report.
  • Reel MusselReel Mussel Posts: 259 Deckhand
    Great report, thanks for sharing.

Greg,

2017 Cape Horn 24OS