BBI 8/23

Strong 3-5 mph current out to 450.  

Fished south to 450 around 9 and still found weed lines and patches so lots of bait clearing. 

Water was dark, not bright blue even with the current.   some birds working, lots of beautiful weed lines.  some fish schooling but I hooked nothing in 3 hours.  

Circled back to 100 feet off LW  pier and know  others  who hooked kings there early, I could not even hook a bonita today.  

Calm august day and weed was less scattered than last week and held bait and shrimp but not my day. 
Jupiter 29FS

Replies

• LiveSouthFLLiveSouthFL Posts: 136 Deckhand
    You are not the only one. My friend went out of Boca today with not much luck either. It looks like you had more weed off Boynton though. Thanks for the report. Better luck next time!
    Ed Moore
    Broker-Owner
    Live South Florida Realty, Inc.
    LiveSouthFL.com

*FREE MLS app for your mobile device: Text EDMOORE to 87778 or visit: http://87778.mobi/EDMOORE/
  • Plastered2850Plastered2850 Posts: 1,515 Captain
    Friend fished out of PE all the way
     to 39 line not a knockdown.
  • FrydaddyFrydaddy Boynton BeachPosts: 421 Deckhand
    Friend fished yesterday  ended up with 4 or 5 dolphin in 1000 ft I believe. I'm sure he will post something today
    If anybody is fishing Friday or Saturday please post current in 400 to 800 feet of water still looking to get my first snowy grouper hoping to go deep dropping on Sunday
  • oldbigbucksoldbigbucks Posts: 154 Deckhand
    current still ripping
  • blakhawkdocblakhawkdoc Posts: 212 Deckhand
    Thank you for the report.

Thanks
  • CoastalCatchCoastalCatch Lighthouse PointPosts: 363 Deckhand
    It's just always nice to be on the water!   

"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope." ~ John John Buchan

'The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.' ~ George Orwell