Pictures on Forum

So when every someone posts a picture on the forum the picture is scaled so large that I have difficulty reading the message and the picture is usually covered with the menu bar in the middle of the picture. Is this how the new site works or is there a setting I need to adjust? It really makes this site more cumbersome than the old site. If its me and I just need to fix the settings please explain how. If its not a setting and you are having the same issue let me know that way I know its not just me.

Thank you

Replies

• Gary MGary M Posts: 13,141 AG
    Many times, what I see are tiny photos!

I've given up trying to post photos....
  • Reel MullarkeyReel Mullarkey Posts: 1,838 Captain
    I don't have any problem seeing the photos but I also run an ad blocker and Ghostery which  really helps on this site. All the pop ups and ads are completely gone. 
    As for posting pictures, it seems a lot easier now than it was 2 years ago. Back then I couldn't get a picture on here to save my life!

Jonathan Mullarkey's
    SUPERCLEAN SERVICES
    Professional cleaning and restoration since 1999
    CARPETS - UPHOLSTERY - TILE - GROUT - MARBLE - TERRAZZO

CLEAN - POLISH - SEAL - RESTORE - PROTECT
    561-891-1236
    www.steamcleanjupiter.com
  • CoastalCatchCoastalCatch Lighthouse PointPosts: 407 Deckhand
    edited August 2018 #4
    Ditto Real M...I don't have any problem seeing the photos and I also run an ad blocker ABP (Ad Blocker Plus, it's free)..I'm using Google Chrome that resizes pics automatically.

'The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.' ~ George Orwell

• Reel MusselReel Mussel Posts: 297 Deckhand
    I have the same problem with some pics being too large. I usually have to change my settings to see them. ctrl- will zoom out so you can see the pic and ctrl+ or ctrl 0 will put you back to normal...

Greg,

2017 Cape Horn 24OS

• seahuntetecseahuntetec Posts: 136 Deckhand

So when every someone posts a picture on the forum the picture is scaled so large that I have difficulty reading the message and the picture is usually covered with the menu bar in the middle of the picture. Is this how the new site works or is there a setting I need to adjust? It really makes this site more cumbersome than the old site. If its me and I just need to fix the settings please explain how. If its not a setting and you are having the same issue let me know that way I know its not just me.

Thank you

• seahuntetecseahuntetec Posts: 136 Deckhand
    I experience the same. If the changes are positive for the majority, congratulations!  I have never posted much, presently do nothing as I can not figure how to post pictures.
  • turftechturftech Posts: 312 Deckhand
    I switch over to chrome for this forum.
    2200v pathfinder and various rods and reels, ford f150 and various rifles, shotguns, and handguns.
    Ready to fish, Ready to hunt...
  • blakhawkdocblakhawkdoc Posts: 212 Deckhand
    I started to use google chrome now and everything seems fine. It must be a windows explore/Edge thing. Thanks for the tip Turftech
  • BacDocBacDoc Posts: 704 Officer
    If somebody can point us in the right direction seahuntec has 50lb dolphin and big cobia pics from this summer. I used to put pics in reports because it makes a much better report. You can say we boated a 50lb Mahi and that is cool but seeing a pic of that beast is way better!

why can't this forum be like Facebook or email where you can just attach a photo? Maybe it is but I can't figure it out after over 15 yrs of posting reports with pics on Florida sportsman forum. Is everyone a millennial these days? LOL 
  • CountryBumpkinCountryBumpkin Fla. Piney WoodsPosts: 1,364 Officer
    Try to copy and paste the photo right into the reply box below your text, with this new format it works for me.

I say......I say son.......new & improved my tail feathers.

Tried it, didn't work, maybe because I'm on iPad?

Also no edit feature after I posted my reports. There used to be an edit option right where all the flag, quote etc. is. 

Also just tried to copy and paste a pic here, also tried "attach image" and "insert photo" both need image url and that is what I used to get from Photobucket.

I don't have any problem seeing the photos but I also run an ad blocker and Ghostery which  really helps on this site. All the pop ups and ads are completely gone. 
    As for posting pictures, it seems a lot easier now than it was 2 years ago. Back then I couldn't get a picture on here to save my life!
    This is interesting because for me 2 years ago was easy to post and edit a report. Also they used to have separate "Fishing Report " section and a general information section. Much better IMO. We used to get a lot more re
    Must be IOS issue. My reply with quote didn't even get completely posted after I hit "post comment "
  • CountryBumpkinCountryBumpkin Fla. Piney WoodsPosts: 1,364 Officer
    I only have good results with this site using either Chrome or firefox with either adblock plus or ghostery.

Either browser paired with either ad remover..........anything else not so great. :/

I say......I say son.......new & improved my tail feathers.

• Reel MullarkeyReel Mullarkey Posts: 1,838 Captain
    I'm using Safari and it seems to be flawless but I just select the image from my hard drive. I don't use photo bucket or online storage. I just click select file and skip the URL.
    Jonathan Mullarkey's
    SUPERCLEAN SERVICES
    Professional cleaning and restoration since 1999
    CARPETS - UPHOLSTERY - TILE - GROUT - MARBLE - TERRAZZO

CLEAN - POLISH - SEAL - RESTORE - PROTECT
    561-891-1236
    www.steamcleanjupiter.com
    When I use “select photo “ or “add attachments “ results are same-no pics get posted.

Over a decade of posting pics and reports on this forum  with no problems but now I can’t even edit post 
    I give up.
  • John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 1,744 Captain
    This newer site does not require the hassle of making photos smaller to post like the old one did, and the first few times I used it, it was easy peasy.  I use a google chrome browser, now that they added a drag and drop feature, I had to struggle last time I posted photos.  The drag and drop does not work for me, I had to paste the photos in google docs, and then cut and paste them directly into my post, it was a PITA, and don't know why direct download from my computer is not working anymore ?