Jupiter 8/18

JepoJepo Palm Beach GardensPosts: 24 Greenhorn
Finally our first dolphin!

went out 1000 nothing but scattered weeds.   Came back to 600 where it was thicker and trolled.  Got a 24”er and got sick as I bent down to put it in the box.  Ohh well, forgot my meclizine  😁.   Was my wife’s 1st fishing trip!!!  Was surprised that the dolphin had good initial bite, jump, and 10 seconds of fight, then felt like I was dragging dead weight the rest of the way 

Replies

• blakhawkdocblakhawkdoc Posts: 212 Deckhand
    Thanks for the report.

• ShoelessShoeless Posts: 2,108 Captain
    Nice catch for your wife's fishing trip, nicely done!!!!  Other than she will expect you to always come back with fish now LOL.  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • butts182butts182 Posts: 177 Deckhand
    Nice job.  Put them in the box quickly and get your head back up as soon as you can.  Keep looking out too.  Best solution is to keep a fish at the end of the line!
  • Flight RiskFlight Risk Posts: 2,467 Captain
    Welcome to the forum & nice report too!  Congrats on that first Phin, be careful, it's addicting to catch them.

Pura Vida!
  • Darylb23Darylb23 Posts: 254 Deckhand
    Congrats.
    South River Outfitters Fishing Team - KayakBassFishing.com AmBASSador
  • jman122jman122 33478Posts: 42 Greenhorn
    Awesome fish! What did you catch the dolphin on?
  • JepoJepo Palm Beach GardensPosts: 24 Greenhorn
    frozen ballyhoo...   Had two out and two billy baits... ballyhoo got hit twice
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,735 Captain
    Good Dill, great first trip for wife.
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • Reel MusselReel Mussel Posts: 297 Deckhand
    Now she is hooked, my wife wont let me leave her... she loves it... good luck and hope you catch many more.

Greg,

2017 Cape Horn 24OS

• JepoJepo Palm Beach GardensPosts: 24 Greenhorn
    She had fun, but she typically gets sicker then me and doesn't eat fish!, more for me :)  Don't think I have to worry about her tagging along unless weather report calls for glass... My only trouble is getting the boat when she wants to go to the sandbar...   Thanks for the warm welcome...

Went out Sunday again with my dad for some bottom fishing...  Got the usual Bonita, Jack, etc...  Bonita took the full brunt of the tax man on the way back in...  :/