Skip to main content
Home General Hunting

Leases? Clubs ? Barb fencing barter? Swfl

Cody413Cody413 Posts: 3 Greenhorn
edited August 2018 in General Hunting #1
First off I am not looking for hand outs or people to give up sweet spots. Or to bash on me for asking and or trying  I work for every penny and there is no handouts in life .Im 25 and  I have 3 kids and have a stay at home fiancé that I support. Just looking for help and advice.  I’m in ft myers area closer to Arcadia. Had property I used to hunt years ago  but owner passed away . No more hunting. Only hunted hogs with bows. Looking for  maybe a new property or lease. I’m just getting back into the hunting world. And it’s got me addicted.  I just don’t have a lot of cash to spend on fancy leases and clubs. Willing to pay just have to discuss how much and I can see if I can manage it.  I’m a work horse , I do aluminum/screen work for a living. Can always do labor on properties. Used to build all the hog wire/barb wire for last owner. I’m the only hunter will obey any rule  and maintain any property .  Thank you

Replies

• surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 6,022 Admiral
    If you are not willing to pay the crazy lease prices these guys get then the only suggestion I have is to hit the WMA or start knocking on doors. I just hunt the WMAs. I make a fair living but have a hard time justifying $1200 for a hunt lease but, then again I often come home empty handed so, there you go.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
  • Cody413Cody413 Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    Yeah I want to hit  the wma’s and I will also cause if you can get game from there. You are doing it right or you got really lucky. From what j read.  I used to fish fishing tournaments and fishes everyday volunteering for helping kids learn. But since the water is horrible now I want to start up hunting again.  And hopefully they’re might be some ppl willing to pass on the education.  If anyone ever wants help or someone to educate ( not show spots or anything like that) pm me.