Frustrating gator scouting & some picture taking..........................

bswivbswiv Posts: 6,926 Admiral
Spent a few hours helping a professional photographer friend on one of the lakes we gator hunt while he was trying to get roosting swallow tail kite pictures just at and after sunrise this week.

What a frustrating time that was!!! Beyond the fact that the kites would not cooperate there was the fact that the gators were more than willing to do so! Had 3 "good" ones over the course of the morning allow us to......well......let's just say that if it was time........and IF we had tags for the lake this year.........we'd of strained our old backs getting the results in the boat, even with the block & tackle.

We put eyes on a good dozen that were worth catching, two of which were flattops! 

And this was with the water still way up in the trees and obviously still warm so for sure some a good number of the big ones are still back in the bushes eating possums and armadillos.

Hopefully the fall flounder run is good.................and that these guys wise up enough to survive till next season when we might get a chance :/

Replies

• H20dadH20dad Posts: 854 Officer
    I know your pain. A buddy finally pulled a gator permit at a place we got to watch 10-12 footers every time we went duck hunting. 

Fingers crossed they cooperate. 
  • watergatorwatergator Fort Pierce Posts: 53 Greenhorn
    H20dad said:
    I know your pain. A buddy finally pulled a gator permit at a place we got to watch 10-12 footers every time we went duck hunting. 

Spoiler, they wont. lol

Where are you hunting? Ill be on Okeechobee north this weekend.  
  • H20dadH20dad Posts: 854 Officer
    H20dad said:

Spoiler, they wont. lol

Where are you hunting? Ill be on Okeechobee north this weekend.  
    I have my gps coordinates around here somewhere.....