What is the heaviest hog/feral pig to have come out of the green swamp wma?

hourjack4hourjack4 spring hillPosts: 23 Greenhorn
I was on a hunting forum and saw that the heaviest hog checked in during 2007 was a hefty 280 pounds. Now i'm wondering as to just how large the biggest porker to ever come out of the area was, at least to your knowledge. All answers/stories will be appreciated. 

Replies

• Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 5,781 Admiral
    788 Pounds Benellishooter got him with a Pole Spear at Midnight on a Full Moon during the Christmas Holidays...right at Midnight , While he was smokin a Fattie..
    .Hope this helps..
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 8,009 Admiral
    ****.... almost right, but it was 2AM w some bull dogs
  • JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 1,353 Officer
    788 Pounds Benellishooter got him with a Pole Spear at Midnight on a Full Moon during the Christmas Holidays...right at Midnight , While he was smokin a Fattie..
    .Hope this helps..
    Almost true. He almost had it until a pack of collared panthers stole it from him! Bohica!!!!!
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 9,046 Admiral
    there are much fatter pigs at Four Corners up around Morriston
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • hoggatorhoggator Posts: 321 Deckhand
    Biggest one we ever got at a WMA was a 269 sow at 3 Lakes. Dropped dead in it’s tracks with a .223 behind the shoulder. 
  • hourjack4hourjack4 spring hillPosts: 23 Greenhorn
    hoggator said:
    Biggest one we ever got at a WMA was a 269 sow at 3 Lakes. Dropped dead in it’s tracks with a .223 behind the shoulder. 

Whats your biggest private land piggy?
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 5,781 Admiral
    That new Walmart near Chiefland has some big Sows near the end of the month.
    I'd set up there with a box of Donuts for bait...winning..
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 9,046 Admiral
    That new Walmart near Chiefland has some big Sows near the end of the month.
    I'd set up there with a box of Donuts for bait...winning..
    Chiefland got another WalMart?

I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • bswivbswiv Posts: 7,052 Admiral
    This is going south, fast....................
  • H20dadH20dad Posts: 982 Officer
    No hogs down south, too many cougars. 
  • pottydocpottydoc Posts: 2,484 Captain
    hoggator said:
    No way. It had to be at least a 45-70. :)
  • hoggatorhoggator Posts: 321 Deckhand
    I heard you have to carry at least a .44 Magnum as a side arm. Otherwise, you are climbing trees, cause anything else bounces of their shield! 😛
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 4,948 Captain
    Just remember, you gotta drag that thing out of the woods after you shoot it. Who in their right mind would shoot a 788 lb hog? Oh, wait a minute.......
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.