STA Gator processor

century7century7 Posts: 2,409 Captain
Been about five years since my group has won a gator tag.  In years past we would take the gator home and skin and pack the meat ourselves.   Then drop the hide, skull and any other parts we wanted at the taxidermist.   Ends up being a long night since do not have a place to store the gator so we do it when we get home.  Also make a mess as at the house.  I know in the past there were guys that would be out at the STA that would take your gator and process it and send it to the taxidermist.  We like to get our meat back as well as the skull and hide.  Anyone know who is doing that this year?

It works 60% of the time all the time......

Replies

• gottheitch22gottheitch22 Posts: 4,158 Captain
    century7 said:
    Been about five years since my group has won a gator tag.  In years past we would take the gator home and skin and pack the meat ourselves.   Then drop the hide, skull and any other parts we wanted at the taxidermist.   Ends up being a long night since do not have a place to store the gator so we do it when we get home.  Also make a mess as at the house.  I know in the past there were guys that would be out at the STA that would take your gator and process it and send it to the taxidermist.  We like to get our meat back as well as the skull and hide.  Anyone know who is doing that this year?

there is a few guys out there but I would contact all the local that buy them and ask prices . last year I drove out of the way to sell my gators cause the ones at the sta where low balling bad saying market was down .
    living life as i like
  • H20dadH20dad Posts: 967 Officer
    I don’t think that there will be any at the stas. But I hope I’m wrong because I don’t want a long drive to have my buddy drop off his big ones this year. 
  • century7century7 Posts: 2,409 Captain
    century7 said:

there is a few guys out there but I would contact all the local that buy them and ask prices . last year I drove out of the way to sell my gators cause the ones at the sta where low balling bad saying market was down .
    thanks,  not looking to sell any of the meat or hide.  Just looking for someone that will process it for us and give us back meat and hide.  If i recall in  years past there would just charge X amount a foot
  • century7century7 Posts: 2,409 Captain
    H20dad said:
    I don’t think that there will be any at the stas. But I hope I’m wrong because I don’t want a long drive to have my buddy drop off his big ones this year. 

I know in 5 years ago there were guys at the sta with a large box truck that would take them.  In years past how far did you have to drive?
    century7 said:
    H20dad said:

I know in 5 years ago there were guys at the sta with a large box truck that would take them.  In years past how far did you have to drive?
    Depends upon who you use. One place is right next to sta 5 and the other was in belle glade?
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 7,870 Admiral
    Bring it to my house ill do it for you, bring a 6 pack and give me a small bag
  • qotsaautopilotqotsaautopilot Posts: 59 Greenhorn
    Bring it to my house ill do it for you, bring a 6 pack and give me a small bag
    If this is an open offer my friend and I are interested in this.  We got our first tags ever.  He is an avid hunter that moved from out of state last year and I’ve never hunted anything before but love to saltwater fish.  We’ve obviously never broken down a gator before but are interested in learning.  We’d be happy to provide beer and throw a little meat your way.
    Where are you located.  We are hunting 401 next weekend 
  • watergatorwatergator Fort Pierce Posts: 84 Greenhorn
    I have always processed mine the night of, but my friends did this a few years ago and it seemed to work well. Go to GoodWill or something like that before you hunt and get some cheap heavy blankets and a cheap tarp. When you get back, lay the blankets out and then the tarp and put the gator on top of it. Cover him with some ice then roll everything up. The ice retention will depend on how good the blankets insulate, but it should let you get some rest and deal with the gator in the morning. 

I dont take my gators to processors because I have seen how other hunters handle theirs (hours without icing) and I have no guarantee that the meat I get back is mine. 
  • HollywoodcorollaHollywoodcorolla Posts: 249 Deckhand
    Ice down the gator. Makes processing the gator wayyyyyyy easier. The colder the better. 
  • huntsfloridahuntsflorida Posts: 370 Deckhand
    Alligators Inc. will be processing gators as always. Due to the market we won't be on the road. We will only be purchasing alligators brought to our facility. For additional information please visit our face book page. Thanks and everyone have a safe and successful season.
    Capt. Mark Clemons
    Everglades Adventures Inc.
    Alligators Inc.
    Alligators International LLC.
    www.huntsflorida.com
    South Florida's Finest Hunting Safari's for over 25 years for:
    Osceola Turkey, Alligator and Whitetail on over
    75,000 acres of South Florida's most private pristine ranches.

Alligator Processing in State Certified and Inspected Facility.
    Follow our clients results on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/EvergladesAdventures
  • gottheitch22gottheitch22 Posts: 4,158 Captain
    Alligators Inc. will be processing gators as always. Due to the market we won't be on the road. We will only be purchasing alligators brought to our facility. For additional information please visit our face book page. Thanks and everyone have a safe and successful season.
    AND YOU GUYS GIVE THE BEST PRICE PER FOOT
    living life as i like
    Some of us don’t Facebook.  Do you have a website?  Google maps didn’t have your location 
  • cfthcfth Posts: 415 Deckhand
    Due the market this year we will not be at STA 1. 

We we will have a drop location in Belle Glade. 

You can can visit our website www.centralfloridatrophyhunts.com. 

Under processing. 
    Capt. Grayson Padrick
    www.centralfloridatrophyhunts.com
    Alligator Hunts, Alligator Hunting Equipment, Alligator and Wild Game Processing
    I’m looking and can’t find your prices. What am I doing wrong?

2018 Alligator Season

Your place for all things Alligator.  We can handle everything from assisting you with your hunt to processing, taxidermy and tanning the hide and also recommend a leather maker. We are permitted through the Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services.  We are HACCP compliant & licensed through the Florida Fish & Wildlife Commission.

We Purchase alligators based on the following prices:

For Alligators in good shape (Iced or Refrigerated Required)

6-7’                         8.00 per foot

7-8’                         9.00 per foot

8-9’                         10.00 per foot

9-10’                       12.00 per foot

10-11’                    15.00 per foot

11-12’                    18.00 per foot

Over 12’                 Priced by Alligator (bonus for exceptional)

Skinning & Processing:

Belly Skin (product)             25.00 per foot

Full Body or Rug mount      30.00 per foot

Full Body/Rug over 10’       40.00 per foot

Prepping & salting for tannery is $50.00 per hide)

Trades:  We retain the meat and you retain the skin on 8 feet or larger alligators.

Guided Hunts:

We offer Fully Guided hunts on certain Alligator Harvest Units (404,406,601,604) either by truck or boat at no cost with your tags if we retain the harvested alligators.

OR: For Hire at $750.00 per night.

Alligator Meat:

We offer “Wild” Alligator Meat for purchase Wholesale or retail.

All of our meat is de-fatted, cubed twice and vacuum sealed for freshness.

ALL MEAT, HIDES, HEADS ETC. PROCESSED BY US TO BE PICKED UP BY THE CLIENT “MUST” BE REMOVED WITHIN A TWO WEEK TIME PERIOD.

Thank you for your consideration and have a “Great Season”!

Sincerely,

Alligators Inc.

Capt. Mark Clemons
    Alligators Inc.
    www.huntsflorida.com

Some of us don’t Facebook.  Do you have a website?  Google maps didn’t have your location 

28965 Obern Road. Everglades Adventures on google maps.
    Capt. Mark Clemons
    Alligators Inc.
    www.huntsflorida.com