Skip to main content
Home Panhandle General Fishing & The Outdoors

County Wide Alligator Tags

I see there is a surplus of county wide alligator tags on the gooutdoorsflorida.com.

Is there a lot of county wide public land to hunt?  Are there any alligators up that way?  I am just wondering if it would be worth the trip....

Replies

• Reel TealReel Teal Senior Member Central FloridaPosts: 3,963 Captain
    County tag must be a water body you have access to that is not already a management unit. They have the map of all the management units on the FWC website.

Lots of great information here http://myfwc.com/wildlifehabitats/managed/alligator/harvest/
  • HUNTINTHEWILDHUNTINTHEWILD Junior Member Posts: 332 Deckhand
    Good to know, so if it has a public boat launch and it isn't a alligator management area it's open game?
  • 4WARD4WARD Senior Member Cross Creek,FLPosts: 2,967 Captain
    More to it than that.
    Just an access point, not necessarily a ramp. YES
    Not a managed unit, or a park or some other city, county, state or federal land with restrictions.
    You can gain access to places legally, only to be swarmed by LEO and FWC when Miss Ethel hears your bangstick go off at 10 pm or sees strange lights in the middle of the night.
     You have to ask yourself if it is really worth the hassle? and be prepared to do your homework, because you may have to tactfully educate an officer that has no clue. This can be tricky.
    "I hate graveyards and old pawn shops
    For they always bring me tears
    I can't forgive the way they rob me
    Of my childhood souvenirs"... John Prine