Red Eddy or Knot

Curious as to any feedback about this 'Captain'...

Replies

• nicknick Crystal RiverPosts: 4,627 Captain
    edited August 2018 #2
    Never met him. Seen him on the water a lot. No issues. 

That guy “nick” is an a$$hole though. 
  • BillyBilly ChassahowitzkaPosts: 2,672 Captain
    I don't have an issue with Red Ed but I will say he isn't the friendliest guy around. Fished with him about ten years ago ( a friend chartered with him and invited me along) and that was my opinion...which doesn't mean much.

I've never personally met that "nick" guy but I'm sure he is an a$$hole.

Billy
    "And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been..."
  • DOCKSIDEDOCKSIDE Posts: 1,770 Captain

Yeah, I see Capt Nick all the time. He never lets his female clients flash me when they pass by. So, respectively agree.

that is all.....

somewhere south of disorder and on earth... mostly .
    ..............................................................................
    IBEW LU 433
  • killintimekillintime Posts: 237 Deckhand
    Funny stuff... 

Well, my first impression of Red Ed is he's a real DB.   He nearly ran over my anchor line, on-plane, within 50ft of my wife scalloping; and I love my wife.  Didn't see a hull number or I would have called it in on the spot.  Every year the googans make scalloping a little less safe, just like mini-season in the Keys.  Pretty sad when the 'local' guide becomes the Googan.  IMO.
  • Doc StressorDoc Stressor Homosassa, FLPosts: 2,366 Captain
    edited August 2018 #6
    He has a very high opinion of himself. He introduced himself at an FWC meeting last year as "Captain Scallop" because of his extensive knowledge of the fishery. 

There are a lot of local guides who are nice guys and few who are DBs.  I don't get the idea that they have special rights on the water because they are trying to make a living. 
  • nicknick Crystal RiverPosts: 4,627 Captain
    Wow. 

This is year has been idiot fest. Im shocked no ones been hit yet. I’ve thrown two under the bus to FWC so far. 

I get buzzed out there a few times a week. Even had one “guide” do it. Usually a rental boat or pontoon/deck boat. 

Lime green 24ish “Epic” with some gay lettering on the bow needs one fired below the waterline....
  • mburke001 aka TripleBmburke001 aka TripleB Posts: 1,210 Officer
    Maybe time to have the renters show at the minimum a USCG boating certification. 
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 4,395 Captain
    edited August 2018 #9
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 1,474 Officer
    Red Ed watched me catch two trout and moved his boat so close his clients could throw in the same spot.
    I also have heard he has problems in his neighborhood.