DNA

2»

Replies

• NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,099 Admiral
    surfman said:
    The fact that almost all civilizations have lived somewhere else at some time makes me question the accuracy of any of this stuff.
    From what I am hearing, there seems to be proof that there were, uh white people in the US before there were, uh red people, the white ones were just basically bread out at some point in time. This of course goes way back, like around the ice age time.
    Beringians?  Their lineage is extinct.  They were north Eurasian descendants, just as the other two Native American groups are.
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 4,500 Captain
    Here is an article on it. 
    http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20170328-the-first-people-who-populated-the-americas

Blows my theory of aliens mating with monkeys, oh well.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 7,217 Admiral
    Overstreets book on identification of Indian arrowheads has a great prologue about dating archaeological  sites. Granted, my copy is from 2001, but it generally lists arrowheads across the US, central and South America starting around 14,000 BC. The BBC link above doesn’t account for the time it took to colonize pretty much the entirety of the Americas. Time lines seem to be a pretty fluid thing, depending on the agenda du jour.
    edited August 8 #35
    This is a new group of humans that they think came over before the ice age, before the current group of natives, they may have come over up to 2000 years earlier they think. 

What is interesting is that even though the time spans thousands of years and great isolation we still remained one spices, heck there are different species of animals on the Galapagos Islands and they weren't that far out, just from being isolated there.
    Tight Lines, Steve
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 7,217 Admiral
    surfman said:
    This is a new group of humans that they think came over before the ice age, before the current group of natives, they may have come over up to 2000 years earlier they think. 
    Interesting!
    I think I miss quoted, looks like 20,000 years, I finally read the entire article, may need to read it again to get it all but it is fascinating for sure. I am not sure why they couldn't have just come across on the ice, why they think it was land but, they have their reasons. Why anyone would live in the places people like Eskimos live is beyond me that's for sure.
    Tight Lines, Steve
2»