Fishing Fort Pierce

My son and I and my friend wen out again to redeem ourselves and break in his new kayak.  We started in Bear Point and fished south due to the wind and drifted back. We didn't catch any fish but a manatee stopped to check us out. We went to lunch and regrouped. We then went to Pepper Park and we cast netted some finger mullet. We had success with a small snook and a ladyfish.  My friend managed to catch a small bull shark which provided us with some entertainment while we figured out how to release it from a kayak and canoe with no beach insight, after several attempts the line broke just above the hook and it swam off. We spent about 10 hours on the water and I am going to bed now. The water was clear south of Bear Point but was murky at Pepper Park. 

Replies

• Aquaholic IVAquaholic IV Posts: 792 Officer
    Great report.  
  • GarysmoGarysmo Ft. Pierce, FloridaPosts: 723 Officer
    Sounds like a pretty nice day on the water 
  • Reel MusselReel Mussel Posts: 297 Deckhand
    Thanks for the report, nice to hear of clear water somewhere...

Greg,

2017 Cape Horn 24OS

• blakhawkdocblakhawkdoc Posts: 212 Deckhand
    Hey Paddleharder, Have you been out recently. Haven't seen any posts since this one. Just wondering if things have picked up for you? The last time my wife and I went out we had a hard day fishing. But its still great being on the water.
  • CoastalCatchCoastalCatch Lighthouse PointPosts: 407 Deckhand
    edited August 2018 #6
    “The act of fishing – for fish, dreams or whatever magic is available – is enough.
    It transports us to a special world, and a state of mind, where we are free.“ 
    ~ Fennel Hudson

'The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.' ~ George Orwell