Statute of Limitations is up Boys..

Replies

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 8,838 Admiral
    Tarpon65 said:
    Hit the Inlet at 5;30.. All the Coasties and Marine Patrol were looking for shade and a cold beer.
    Just cruise on by jamming some Buffett and wiping down the boat salt....Casual and easy...like Cool Pro's with big swingers...Commando Style...
    Were you wearing your Salt Life t-shirt and have your yeti cooler full of Mike's Hard Lemonade?
    Henry's hard sodas is the order of the day now.  And fireball.   
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 5,598 Admiral
    We didn't mess with the Coca..That was the Miami Spanish guys.
    They played a little to hard for us . We were just Lauderdale laid back Womanizers that like to toke...
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • ParkerboyParkerboy Posts: 6,816 Admiral
    edited August 3 #34
    I knew a couple of guys in the very early 70s who bought a well worn auxiliary sailer and went to Jamaica. They returned with approximately 2500 lbs of pot and offloaded it near West Palm. Scuttled the boat and never made another run. 
    Deo Vindice
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 8,879 Admiral
    I did it , Can't touch me now..
    Back about 1985 I smuggled 200 pounds of Weed thru Boca Inlet from West End Bahamas.
    Came in on a brand new 38 p.os Bayliner. Pretty good money for a younger man.
    Too bad I pi.ssed it away so fast...winning..

It was all good when Alcee Hastings was the federal judge in South Florida but when Elizabeth Kovachevich took over and started threatening 40 year sentences for conspiracy then things got real..
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
    surfman said:
    A bunch of mullet netters tried that occupational switch in Steinhatchee back around that time. Could have worked except when the guys are suddenly driving around a fishing village in a brand new Cadillac, it raised a few eye brows, to say the least.
    you really don't know much, do you?

I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • JWTJWT Posts: 396 Deckhand
    using a Bagliner was smart. kind of. not too many people would take one seriously for that kind of trip but few would look at it very hard coming in :) i delivered a 34 to Provodenciales once & swore i would never set foot on one of those POS again after that trip!  haven't to this day.

yep -  Everglades city was an epicenter for a while, until everybody started showing off. Flamingo & the keys were busy then too............... from what i have heard  B)
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 5,794 Admiral
    Did you make into the book

Image result for Of Grass and Snow The Secret Criminal Elite download

;)
  • JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 1,291 Officer
    Has anyone actually met TTT? I’m convinced he’s really a 12 yr old boy with a a lot of spare time. 
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 5,598 Admiral
    HEY..I'm 16 with a perpetual  Hard on ..Leave me alone...winning...
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 3,939 Captain
    Better get them pigs skinned before he gets back.....
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
    edited August 4 #42
    Tell your Grandpa nice pigs! 
  • DropTheHammerDropTheHammer East CoastPosts: 556 Officer
    We all new what we were doing until DropTheHammer showed up.
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 7,471 Admiral
    Has anyone actually met TTT? I’m convinced he’s really a 12 yr old boy with a a lot of spare time. 
    He's starring in his own movie …

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • 4WARD4WARD Cross Creek,FLPosts: 950 Officer
    He does have a lot of purses, or is it "Millennial Man Bags"?
    "I hate graveyards and old pawn shops
    For they always bring me tears
    I can't forgive the way they rob me
    Of my childhood souvenirs"... John Prine
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 4,891 Captain
    Murses
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 2,932 Captain
    surfman said:
    A bunch of mullet netters tried that occupational switch in Steinhatchee back around that time. Could have worked except when the guys are suddenly driving around a fishing village in a brand new Cadillac, it raised a few eye brows, to say the least.
    My family owned property in Horseshoe Beach around the corner since the late 40s when they returned from WWII. Shrimpers would go out for a couple of days with no ice. Millions were made. All of Dixie county was arrested in a sting

We use to watch barges kicking off square grouper while we were out fishing
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends President Trump
    surfman said:
    My family owned property in Horseshoe Beach around the corner since the late 40s when they returned from WWII. Shrimpers would go out for a couple of days with no ice. Millions were made. All of Dixie county was arrested in a sting

not quite all of the county.... B)
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 7,471 Admiral
    I had a few neighbors who served ten to fifteen in Federal prison.
    They were hooked up with a Mexican Cartel. 
    That didn't work out too good for them.
    They lost a huge farm when the Feds seized it.
    They had to go into witness protection because the Cartel wanted them dead.
    I wanted nothing to do with any of that.

But I'm glad the cops had  their eyes focused on those guys.

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,460 Moderator
    None of that happened in Key West...
    "You'll get your weather"
    You woke up the bear!

Would you like me to move the car?

We’re getting furniture.

It's only A measly seven grand!
    Back about 20 years ago my Dad and I had a buddy that hunted with us in Sandhill hunt club near perry that had owed some cartel that he had ripped off for 200k for a while. He was picking up bails for them when he was teenager years before. One day they found his truck in the hunt club with the door open and his gun and wallet in the truck. I don’t believe that his body was ever found. 

Ever notice how a lot of the roads to the coast would make great runways. 
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 3,813 Captain
    edited August 4 #53
    None of that happened in Key West...
    No, never. ;)
    BTW, Where is Bum Farto?

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

What are your intentions?

Why didn’t you jusk ask. I would of gladly answered your questions. If you show up in a maniulative and aggressive manor then there’s going to be reprecusions. I’m not obligated to answer your questions. Can you count to ten. I don’t have the answer at the moment. I’m going to have to get back to you.

What the heck is going on? I got in trouble again. How did it get to this point? ;)
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,619 Admiral

not quite all of the county.... B)
     come on bad **** tell the story then 
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 3,939 Captain
    surfman said:

Remember the big white blimp shaped balloon that was tethered at about 1000 ft?
    Everyone thought it was for surveillance.....
    That tether made a great snatch rope.
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • Ron@.38 Special[email protected] Special Posts: 6,799 Admiral
    Them Bayliners made perfect smuggling boats...as long as they ran.
    Cheap and if you had to run one up into the shore for a quick get away you were only out like 500 dollars. Try doing that with a Buddy Davis Custom or a 46 Bertram Sportfish.
    Coasties mush have figured anybody running a Bayliner could not afford the fuel to get to the Bahamas....winning...
    If you had to run aground, you didn't know what you were doing!
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,110 AG
    Sad day when folks brag about being drug smugglers. 
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,101 Admiral
    Grew up on Marathon in the mid 70s - late 80s.  This was the good ol' days of Key West "Bubba Busts" (Mayor, police, etc., busted) and even some Islamorada Coast Guardsmen were caught trafficking cocaine.
    Several guys from high school did federal time (all reformed and model citizens/business owners).
    We had a copy of the FLIR video of one of them getting busted.  It was recorded from a CG jet and you could clearly see them throwing packages over board while trying to evade in rough seas in a trap boat.  The video captured their boat very nearly being run over by a foilborne USN Pegasus.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 24,456 AG
    fins4me said:
    Sad day when folks brag about being drug smugglers. 
    That may be the biggest thing they have to brag about. Don't take it away from them. 

Mini Mart Magnate

• AC ManAC Man Posts: 4,004 Captain
    edited August 4 #61
    My parents had a cabin in Dixie county in the late 60's to early 80's

Heard all the drug running stories from the locals at the time. 

A few years ago I took a retired Dixie county cop grouper fishing in Suwanee. Sounds like all the Rednecks were running drugs in the Cedar Key Suwanee Steinhatchee area more than my buddies in Fort Lauderdale LOL. I never knew any big time drug Runners personally, but the Rinky Dinks that I did know all got caught.

one example was a lifelong friend that took a box of Coke 2 Delta Air Freight and was flagged. he bolted and hid under cars in the parking lot tell he could make a safe getaway. he didn't get caught but most of the time he did. Spent most of his adult life in prison.