Tuna Fishing/Deep Dropping Guide

My wife and I are looking for a reputable Tuna Fishing/Deep Drop guide.  Any recommendations?  Any time of year.  Actually prefer recommendation on time of year as well.  We don't want to buy a boat, instead we travel around Florida fishing with different guides.

Replies

• luckyduck2luckyduck2 Posts: 208 Deckhand
    deep dropping little clam odens dock cape hatteras
    JOBS,JOBS,JOBS, We need JOBS , I can't afford anymore change, We've had (ENOUGH) MR.obama
    http://www.availableangler.com/
  • waldnerrwaldnerr Posts: 1,020 Officer
    Try contacting Hooker Electric, 954-530-6908. They're great folks and I'm sure they can recommend a guide, depending on where you want to fish in Florida. One of their clients is Capt. Bouncer Smith, who can do just what you want (deep dropping and tuna) and who is based in Fort Lauderdale. Bouncer's number is 305-439-2475.
  • HUNTINTHEWILDHUNTINTHEWILD Posts: 332 Deckhand
    Sweet, thx!
  • Aquaholic IVAquaholic IV Posts: 791 Officer
    X2 on Bouncer Smith although he is based in Miami beach.  Probably the most well known guide in South Florida and the best.  He is the most sought after guide and speaker at most events.  
  • miamihurricane34miamihurricane34 Posts: 145 Deckhand
    Go down to the keys with Nick Stanczyk, he is by far the best deep drop guide, he can put you on a sword, or barrelfish, queen snapper, snowy grouper etc.  Check out his facebook page, he consistently catches big fish and lots of them.
  • pjepje Orlando , FlPosts: 688 Officer
    The Capt's above are all great , but if you want Yellowfin give VJ Bell a call . 

http://www.stuartbiggame.com/
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 4,289 Captain
    If you really wanted a shot at Yellowfin, better quality deep drop fish and money and time wasn't a problem, I would head to Venice La.
    Here off of S. Florida, you may get some Blackfin Tuna and if you are lucky dropping, a halfway decent Golden or Snowy if the seasons remain open.
    Rosies and/or Gray tiles would be the predictable catch. Reality is reality.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• johnalkijohnalki Posts: 508 Officer
    captain VJ Bell is all set up for daytime or nighttime Sword fishing in our area.   WWW.stuartbiggame.com
    Awesome, thank you all for the referrals.  Appreciate it!!
  • walleyworldwalleyworld Posts: 15 Greenhorn
    Captain Pat Price on the Daymaker does a 2 day trip to the corner for yellowfin, blackfin, mahi, and deep dropping.  I went last year with him and we caught a 111# yellowfin, several yellowfin from 30 to 50#'s, a couple nice mahi, a double of marlin (one was 150# and one was 350#), and then did some deep dropping.  Our deep dropping got cut short due to heavy seas but he has some incredible yelloweye catches.  You spend the night on Grand and have the feast of a lifetime at night.  My pops and several of my friends are going again with him later this week but I had to work.
  • blakhawkdocblakhawkdoc Posts: 212 Deckhand

The Daymaker just had a first place finish in the Manatee Island Ladies Fun Fishing Tournament. I have also seen a seminar from the captain of the Daymaker.  I personally haven't been out on the Daymaker yet but I plan to.

Just checked out the daymaker website.  Looks like a good time!
  • ShoelessShoeless Posts: 2,108 Captain
    Pat Price (Daymaker) overnight trip sounds exactly what you are looking for.  I did his one day trip for YF a numbers of years ago when he still ran his CC over there and we did awesome. 
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reel MusselReel Mussel Posts: 297 Deckhand
    Dang, now you guys got me wanting to go too... hope you have a good time..

Greg,

2017 Cape Horn 24OS