No dead fish in matlacaha!

Matlacha is still clear of dead fish. the fishing itself is mediocre but there are plenty of healthy fish around.

Captain Mike Grispo
Inshoreexcursions.com
[email protected]

Replies

• Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 4,793 Captain
    Its only a matter of time till that changes. Red tide is present in San Carlos Bay and blue green algae is present all the way to Sword Point
  • JC_UF_ITKJC_UF_ITK Posts: 469 Deckhand
    How are things looking in Matlacha the past few days?
    Water is dirty today, but no dead fish in Matlacha Pass. Bite does seem off, though few are fishing.
    edited August 3 #5
    Thank you. We might try tomorrow.  I’ll let you know how it goes. 
    As of late this afternoon I heard there was some blue-green algae in the southern portion of Matlacha Pass
  • sigiiligansigiiligan Posts: 93 Greenhorn
    Our new state local area tourism slogan "no dead fish here as of right now"! Not good....
  • prodigal1011prodigal1011 Posts: 17 Greenhorn
    Anybody been to Matlacha in the past few days? How is it up by Two Pines and Burnt Store bar? 
    I was going to ask the same thing. Was wondering what the west winds have washed up this week. I’m planning to run out of Burnt Store tomorrow if the winds are decent in the morning. I’ll post what I see. 
  • prodigal1011prodigal1011 Posts: 17 Greenhorn
    Hey JC, Not sure if you got out this weekend or not. We headed out of the park and ran both South and North. We did catch some nice trout, snook and even a sheepshead on artificial. The redfish and tarpon evaded us for most of the morning, found some right before the weather pushed us off the water. Good news. There are still some fish out there and we saw virtually no signs of red tide within a few miles of the ramp in either direction. Did see a little bit of the blue green algae but not enough to deter us. Anyone else get out that way?
    I never did make it.  I woke up early Saturday with the intentions of going, but decided to pass due to the rain.  Pretty much the same story for Sunday. 

I'm hoping to get out this weekend if the stars align.  It sounds like you had a good day.  Thank you for posting the info!
    Red tide is pretty thick today in mid Pine Island Sound-Demere Key area.
  • NoreastSalt3295NoreastSalt3295 Posts: 507 Officer
    I was fishing a couple numbers within 5 miles of land off fort Myers Beach and Sanibel yesterday and the plumes of red tide were endless, lots of fish dying within them and rotting fish piled up with fish making it back to my canal on FMB again by the end of the day. It was all blowing right towards the beaches too. Seems to be coming back inshore with this wind.