Need suggestion for middle keys hotel

mklingmkling Posts: 51 Greenhorn
we usually stay in southwest Florida but looking to come to the keys this fall. Probably somewhere between Big Pine and Marathon. Shore based fishing and maybe do one charter.
 Most days we will drive to somewhere like Bahia Honda but a  hotel that has an area to fish from shore, pier or wade would be nice.
having a hard time finding the right place to stay that’s not crazy expensive. Any suggestions?
thanks

Replies

• DropTheHammerDropTheHammer East CoastPosts: 556 Officer
    This would be my suggestion "Florida keys chamber of commerce"
    We all new what we were doing until DropTheHammer showed up.
  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 10,868 AG
    Have you tried trip advisor?
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • DropTheHammerDropTheHammer East CoastPosts: 556 Officer
    I did A package with Expedia once and found it to be very easy.
    BUT! Beforehand I did quite A bit of homework. This number at
    the bank just didn't pop up from out of nowhere. ;)
    We all new what we were doing until DropTheHammer showed up.
  • Hunter85Hunter85 Posts: 59 Greenhorn
    Lime tree bay resort is top notch they are located on Long key 
  • mklingmkling Posts: 51 Greenhorn
    Hunter85 said:
    Lime tree bay resort is top notch they are located on Long key 
    I was actually looking at Lime Tree Bay Resort. Looks almost perfect except there’s 3 of us. 2 adults and my 16 year old. It seems like they don’t allow more than 2 people in most rooms and the two large units are out of my price range. I’ll probably give them a call and see what’s up with this. 
  • ALASKA GUYALASKA GUY Posts: 45 Greenhorn
    Pig Pine fishing lodge,  rooms with small kitchen/docks/rental boats /really nice pool/ really nice people. we stay every year early oct. 
  • greenbonegreenbone Posts: 101 Deckhand
     Try Metacumbe Resort. Old keys hotel turned into apartments/timeshare rentals. MM76, Islamorada . You can rent my week in October $600. Sleeps 4,or more if you need to.
  • Chumboy2016Chumboy2016 Posts: 36 Greenhorn
    http://www.faroblancoresort.com/ This is the best place to stay in marathon. They have one of the best fishing charters in the middle keys that go out of this resort. The Charter is called http://www.seasquaredcharters.com/. Hope you have a fun time. 
  • nole76nole76 Posts: 804 Officer
    i would also recommend Big Pine Fishing Lodge. Your selection of Hotels between Big Pine and Marathon is not huge.
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 6,495 Admiral
    Winn Dixie parking lot on Big Pine is good if your really on a budget...
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • ccriderccrider Posts: 578 Officer
    While remodeling our home on Big Pine after Irma I stayed at Coconut Cay in Marathon in the newer stilted units to the left of the office numerous weekends. They were great, have a pool and boat ramp and clean rooms. the older ground level rooms around the office and pool looked pretty dated though. I saw several people catch tarpon and numerous other fish out of the canals right there.
  • ccriderccrider Posts: 578 Officer
    Chumboy is right about seasquared, they are a great outfit

• DfreedomDfreedom Posts: 106 Deckhand
    We have always just rented a house with dockage through VRBO.  You get more privacy and space and it doesn't cost much more.
  • brianbbrianb Posts: 2,364 Captain
    Kingsail Inn, Marathon. 
    Those Seasquared guys are good guys...IMO they are mostly family fishing trips for snapper, etc. Nothing wrong with that, but if you're looking for serious offshore...there might be other options.