Micro Power Pole opinions?

surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,078 Admiral
edited July 2018 in Boating #1
Any one have one and how do you like it?
I have a 14' jon boat and am thinking of adding one. A standard power pole would be an overkill but the micro looks interesting. Any input would be great, thanks forum buddies.
Tight Lines, Steve
My posts are my opinion only.

Replies

• SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 3,002 Captain
    A friend has one on his beavertail. He likes it a lot. There is a hollow spike that’s less top heavy that he likes
    You should have been here yesterday
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,078 Admiral
    edited July 2018 #3
    Hollow spike huh? Is it a piece of PVC? that might work?
    Tight Lines, Steve
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,078 Admiral
    My real concern is how well it holds on a rocky bottom, the pin is not hydraulic like the standard power pole that can lift the back of the boat out of the water, this thing uses a rubber wheel I believe to drive the pin down. It needs to be able to lift the boat a little. I am sure in sand or mud it is fine though.
    Tight Lines, Steve
  • bordeauxbordeaux Posts: 111 Deckhand
    I have a Beavertail Mosquito that I took delivery of April 14, 2017 new from the factory and I had a Power Pole Micro installed by Beavertail during the build process, I have just under 50 hours on the boat and I just last month put on my 3rd micro. 
    It is a fantastic idea, they hold good but 3 in less than 14 months is not good. Fortunately for me they have a fantastic warranty.

If I had to do it all over again I would of gone with the Power Pole
    2017 Beavertail Skiff Mosquito