Micro Power Pole opinions?

surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,616 Admiral
edited July 2018 in Boating #1
Any one have one and how do you like it?
I have a 14' jon boat and am thinking of adding one. A standard power pole would be an overkill but the micro looks interesting. Any input would be great, thanks forum buddies.
Tight Lines, Steve
My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers

Replies

• SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 3,425 Captain
    A friend has one on his beavertail. He likes it a lot. There is a hollow spike that’s less top heavy that he likes
    You should have been here yesterday
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,616 Admiral
    edited July 2018 #3
    Hollow spike huh? Is it a piece of PVC? that might work?
    Tight Lines, Steve

• surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,616 Admiral
    My real concern is how well it holds on a rocky bottom, the pin is not hydraulic like the standard power pole that can lift the back of the boat out of the water, this thing uses a rubber wheel I believe to drive the pin down. It needs to be able to lift the boat a little. I am sure in sand or mud it is fine though.
    Tight Lines, Steve

• bordeauxbordeaux Posts: 119 Deckhand
    I have a Beavertail Mosquito that I took delivery of April 14, 2017 new from the factory and I had a Power Pole Micro installed by Beavertail during the build process, I have just under 50 hours on the boat and I just last month put on my 3rd micro. 
    It is a fantastic idea, they hold good but 3 in less than 14 months is not good. Fortunately for me they have a fantastic warranty.

If I had to do it all over again I would of gone with the Power Pole
    2019 Beavertail Skiff Vengeance