Skip to main content
Home South General Fishing & The Outdoors

Good News and Bad News on ARS

xeniaxenia MemberPosts: 1,177 Officer
Good News is that the limited season fore American Red Snapper in the Atlantic will open August 10.  Bad news is, well, look at this map. Wanna guess which area I fish?

Replies

• SpineymanSpineyman Senior Member Destin, FlPosts: 8,377 Admiral
    Have boat will travel!
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski Senior Member GrovelandPosts: 16,680 AG
    trailers are a good thing.  
    You can't pet a dead dog back to life 
    That's what I'm talkin bout Willis!

if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski Senior Member GrovelandPosts: 16,680 AG
    Spineyman said:
    That's what I'm talkin bout Willis!
    One of the only good things about being in Central FL. I can go to the west coast, St pet is 92 miles from the house, or I can go east coast, Mosquito lagoon is right there I think 83 miles from the house.   
    You can't pet a dead dog back to life 
  • Reel TealReel Teal Senior Member Central FloridaPosts: 3,963 Captain
    I guess you're not missing out if you never were catching them before the closure. What the point? 
    The good news is you will have zero competition from me. I wouldn't give you a plug nickel for all the snapper in the water. Other than the tug on the line, as far as I'm concerned they are horrible tasting! I catch them up here on accident and give them all away when I do. That is when of course you can keep them in the first place.

• xeniaxenia Member Posts: 1,177 Officer
    Point is the open season doesn't make a difference for me, since I don't have any to catch!  it's big news for the rest of the east coast and the keys.  Story of my life, always a bride's maid, never a bride.
  • Reel TealReel Teal Senior Member Central FloridaPosts: 3,963 Captain
    But you never had any when we could catch them previous to the closures. You were never invited to the wedding. 

You have plenty of types of snapper and grouper that dont exist north of you so glass half full?
  • CaptJCaptJ Senior Member Key Largo (Mostly)/Miami(As little as possible)Posts: 1,904 Captain
    Good news for us down in the Keys. Bad news for the snappers!
  • Ron@.38 Special[email protected] Special Senior Member Posts: 6,921 Admiral
    Map is BS, I have fished off Broward for nearly 50 years and never caught a red snapper.
  • xeniaxenia Member Posts: 1,177 Officer
    That map reminds me of this. I'm always in the wrong place at the wrong time.