Favorite bass lake within ...

model14model14 JacksonvillePosts: 1,007 Officer
2 hours of Jacksonville. I am so tired of rough water and storms off-shore this summer, I thought I'd go back to my roots of bass fishing.
Thanks.

Replies

• capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,592 Moderator
    Probably too many to mention ? That's a big radius . Guess Rodman is at the edge of that drive ? Any decent size lakes all have nice bass. St. Johns ?
    "You'll get your weather"
  • model14model14 JacksonvillePosts: 1,007 Officer
    Well, on the map Crescent Lake looked interesting, so I'm heading there tomorrow (without the boat) to check it out.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,592 Moderator
    Been a long time since I fished Crescent. Good size lake.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • model14model14 JacksonvillePosts: 1,007 Officer
    Checked out the lake. Both the municipal and FWC launch ramps looked good. Had a nice lunch at Three Bananas at the ramps.
    Dunn's Creek (connects the lake to the St Johns is very fishy looking. I think I'll start there. A great bait shop right by the Creek. Proprietor had nothing but good things to say about the fishing, as I would expect he would. LOL.
  • saltyseniorsaltysenior Posts: 805 Officer
    any small lake on a golf course..
  • 4WARD4WARD Cross Creek,FLPosts: 1,000 Officer
    I just got off Orange Lake.
    Just running the boat and letting the boys catch a few bream. It was HOT!
    Anyway, some tournament boys were loading out. Some pretty impressive bags of fish.
    Did I mention it was HOT? too hot. 
    Gonna do some frogging at night and wait for gator season.
    "I hate graveyards and old pawn shops
    For they always bring me tears
    I can't forgive the way they rob me
    Of my childhood souvenirs"... John Prine
  • no slackno slack Posts: 294 Deckhand
    Sante fe is always a great place.  Or if the shrimp start running it's alittle different but floating live shrimp under the docks anywhere from the Buckman south.   Especially the older docks.  Catch a big variety.